Raheem Sterling and Fabian Delph chose a flight to San Marino as the perfect opportunity to get back at the angry Liverpool and Aston Villa fans still fuming over the England internationals' move to Manchester City.
Posing for a selfie with Delph (a Delphie?) en route, Sterling tacked a series of choice emojis which appeared to reference the slew of "snake" vitriol they both received from jilted fans of their former sides.
New Manchester City signing Kevin De Bruyne says he is relieved to be concentrating on his football again after helping Belgium to victory in their Euro 2016 qualifier against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
De Bruyne, 24, set up Marouane Fellaini's equaliser before his sharp turn and well-placed shot from outside the box put Belgium ahead in their 3-1 win in Brussels on Thursday.
Late last month, the midfielder left German club Wolfsburg for City in a £54 million deal. The protracted move was one of the...
Lionel Messi is always going to be criticised when Argentina lose, says Manchester City right-back Pablo Zabaleta.
Four-time Ballon d'Or winner Messi said last month that he has no plans to let harsh media criticism from back home in Argentina affect him following the tough Copa America final loss to Chile over the summer.
The Barcelona star is training with the team in Houston in preparation for two friendlies in the United States. Argentina play Bolivia on Friday in Houston and meet Mexico four...
Eliaquim Mangala has revealed that he refused to join Valencia because leaving Manchester City would have been "a step backwards."
The Spanish club wanted to sign Mangala, 24, on loan as part of the deal that took Nicolas Otamendi to City.
But the France international had no intention of leaving the Etihad Stadium and has vowed to fight for his place with the newcomer.
- Window Watch: Club-by-club | Cox: Best Prem deals
- Delaney: Transfer grades | Horncastle: Euro grades
- Prem sets new spend record | Prem window in numbers
- Bale Utd hopes wrecked | Berahino status | Mangala says 'no'
- De Gea deal fails | Real Madrid blame | Man Utd blame
- Martial joins Man United | Leverkusen sign Chicharito
- Januzaj joins Dortmund on loan | Draxler to Wolfsburg
- ESPN FC TV: Deadline day buzz | Winners and Losers
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"I refused because it would have been a step backwards," he told reporters. "I felt good enough to win my place."