The purse strings were loosened at Manchester City during the summer with one obviously single-minded goal to the fore: to allow Manuel Pellegrini to improve on what had been deemed City's weak 2014-15 challenge. Enough cash was made available for the Chilean to purchase Fabian Delph, and on a much grander scale, Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne.
Eight games into the league season, and City are top of the table, two points clear of Arsenal and Manchester United in second and third, respectively....
Samir Nasri says he would like to play in Major League Soccer once his time at Manchester City is finished.
Nasri, 28, joined City in 2011 and signed a new five-year contract with the Premier League leaders in July 2014, but said he was open to playing in America in the future.
"I like the English league a lot and my life in England," he told the J+1 programme on French TV channel Canal+ Sport.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Klopp is right for Liverpool | Evans: Why Rodgers went
- Marcotti: Gunners can challenge, brilliant Bayern, Mourinho
- Hunter: Four areas to fix in Barca crisis | Messi tax row
- Carlisle/Marshall: Oral history of U.S.-Mexico | Klinsmann
- FC TV: Benitez too defensive | Chelsea need change
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"Afterwards, I'm thinking more about playing in MLS -- to discover something different -- rather than...