Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero expects to be out of action for a month with a hamstring injury sustained on international duty which the Argentinian Football Association (AFA) have diagnosed as a grade-two muscle tear.
Aguero, 27, was carried off on a stretcher after sustaining the problem to his left leg midway through the first half of the World Cup qualifier against Ecuador in Buenos Aires which the home side lost 2-0.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Rating Klopp's news conference | Why he chose Liverpool
- Delaney: Roman backs Mourinho | Walcott central | England
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- Top 10 : International rivalries | Vickery on CONMEBOL
- McIntyre: Klinsmann's test | Marshall: Mexico chaos | Picks
- FC TV: Power Rankings | Tension in Madrid? | Prem top four
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS