Manchester City have been handed a fitness boost as captain Vincent Kompany returned to training on Thursday following a calf injury.
Kompany, 28, took a knock in City's Champions League loss to CSKA Moscow on Nov. 5 and then missed the 2-2 draw at QPR in the Premier League three days later.
MANCHESTER CITY LATEST
- Mooney: Clichy to blame for Mangala's problems
- Reyna: Lampard to join New York in for preseason
- Curtis: What's been going wrong at City
- Vincent Kompany out injured for 12 days
- Cox: Problems for the champions
- Pellegrini: No attention paid to Chelsea
- Burley: Pellegrini under pressure
Manager Manuel Pellegrini expressed hope the problem was not serious, but the centre-back also pulled out of Belgium's Euro 2016 qualifier against Wales last week.
However, City published a picture of Kompany...