Manchester City defender Jason Denayer is confident he can earn a regular place in the first-team's defence this season.
Denayer, 20, is yet to make a competitive appearance for City but is set to begin the campaign as the fourth-choice centre-back at the Etihad Stadium.
But the Belgium international, who recently signed a five-year contract, believes he can see off competition from Vincent Kompany, Eliaquim Mangala and Martin Demichelis to break into Manuel Pellegrini's side.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- EXCLUSIVE: Jose Mourinho on Prem season | Falcao
- Jones: Steven Gerrard from Liverpool to Los Angeles
- Prem previews: Stoke shine | Season in a sentence
- Mitten: Carrick remains vital | Cox: Non-fair play table
- Laurens: Di Maria can bring a new dimension to PSG
- Marshall: Herrera falls on his sword | Sacked after scuffle
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ESPN FC TV | Fantasy
"I have the confidence,"...