Martin Demichelis: Six stats about Manchester City's defender
Martin Demichelis endured a dreadful Manchester derby as he was at fault for the goal, should have conceded a penalty and was substituted in the second half to save him from himself. Here are six stats about the Argentine defender.
- Manchester City have lost 41 percent of the 17 matches that Demichelis has started this season.
- City have kept just three clean sheets in the Premier League with Demichelis in the side as opposed to nine without him.
- Demichelis averages fewer tackles (1.1 per game) than any of City's seven defenders. Otamendi (3.1), Zabaleta (2.6), Clichy (2.3), Sagna (1.8), Mangala (1.5), Kompany (1.5), Kolarov (1.2).
- At 35 and 91 days, Demichelis is the oldest outfield player in City's squad.
- City have started just two Premier League games with Demichelis and Eliaquim Mangala. They lost them both -- at the Etihad -- 4-1 to Liverpool and 1-0 to Manchester United.
- Demichelis revealed he had his bags packed to join former club River Plate in is native Argentina at the start of the season.