Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has said his side's exit from the Champions League is "a huge disappointment for us and for French football."
Last season's Ligue 1 runners-up conceded in injury time as they lost 2-1 at home to Belgian champions Gent on Tuesday.
That result means Lyon do not have the consolation of a place in the Europa League -- which a third-placed finish would have given them - and are guaranteed to finish bottom of Group H.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Macintosh: Arsenal have hope | Sanchez, Ozil top ratings
- Corrigan: Complete Barca dominate Roma | Ratings
- Lovell: Costa stars for Bayern | Willian leads Chelsea
- Johnson: How teams can qualify for UCL last 16
- Iniesta tops Power Rankings | Corrigan: Pressure on Rafa
- FC TV: Chelsea show progress | MLS coach of the year
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Lyon are second in Ligue 1, but Aulas said the lack...