Former Liverpool striker Luis Suarez believes Steven Gerrard's slip against Chelsea which effectively cost the Reds the 2014 Premier League title was "destiny," but says he would never have been at Anfield that season if not for his relationship with the former captain.
Gerrard's midfield stumble allowed Demba Ba's opener in a critical 2-0 home loss to Chelsea in April 2014, damaging Liverpool's hopes for a first league crown in 24 years.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Tyler: Prem survival guide | Lindberg: Managerial volatility
- Toe Poke: Top 1-50 shirt numbers | Walcott must justify new deal
- Brewin: Can Harry Kane succeed again? | Top four hope
- EXCLUSIVE: Ramsey wants Arsenal armband | Comm. Shield
- EXCLUSIVE: Jose: Chelsea a team for a decade | Mou's feuds
- Burton: Prem's breakout players | Darke club-by-club guide
- Jones: Gerrard in L.A. | Parker: All-Star format needs tweak?
- Marcotti: Platini must campaign as an agent of change
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ESPN FC TV | Fantasy
In an exclusive interview with ESPN FC, Suarez, who scored...