Christian Benteke will prove to be a bargain for Liverpool, according to manager Brendan Rodgers.
Liverpool secured the £32.5 million signing of Benteke, 24, this summer from Premier League counterparts Aston Villa.
The Belgium international scored 42 goals in 89 top-flight matches for Villa and Rodgers is confident he will be a success at Anfield.
"For me, I think he'll prove to be a bargain for the club. I really do," Rodgers said on the club's official website.
Free to play: ESPN FC Premier League fantasy
- Sign up for our new game and challenge your friends
- Fantasy Blog: Tips for picking your first squad
- How to play the game -- fantasy rules in full
- FAQ: All your game questions answered
- Transfers: Check out the latest Premier League moves
- Fantasy HQ: Email us with your issues
"I've read and seen things...
Former Liverpool striker Luis Suarez believes Steven Gerrard's slip against Chelsea which effectively cost the Reds the 2014 Premier League title was "destiny," but says he would never have been at Anfield that season if not for his relationship with the former captain.
Gerrard's midfield stumble allowed Demba Ba's opener in a critical 2-0 home loss to Chelsea in April 2014, damaging Liverpool's hopes for a first league crown in 24 years.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Direct Arsenal bunt Chelsea | Ratings: Arsenal | Chelsea
- Tyler: Prem survival guide | Lindberg: Managerial volatility
- Toe Poke: Top 1-50 shirt numbers | Walcott must justify deal
- Brewin: Can Harry Kane succeed again? | Top four hope
- Burton: Prem's breakout players | Darke club-by-club guide
- Jones: Gerrard in L.A. | Parker: All-Star format needs tweak?
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ESPN FC TV | Fantasy
In an exclusive interview with ESPN FC, Suarez, who scored...
Mario Balotelli has been offered an unusual route out of Liverpool, after Al-Arabi head coach Gianfranco Zola suggested he would welcome him to his club in Qatar.
Balotelli faces an uncertain future at Liverpool after he was left out of the squad for their preseason tour and was then left out of both of their final two preseason matches.
While rumours have linked Balotelli with a move back to Italy, former Chelsea star Zola has suggested a spell in the Qatari league may give both the Liverpool...