Liverpool say yes they Can, Mueller may bolt
Away we go with another round of Transfer Talk, with all the latest player and manager moves, rumours and gossip.
Can opening talks
Liverpool are set to meet Emre Can and his representatives after triggering the midfielder's release clause with a bid of 9.75 million pounds.
The Germany Under-21 international played a key role for Bayer Leverkusen this season, helping the club finish fourth in the Bundesliga to secure a place in the Champions League playoff round.
The Mirror says Liverpool hope to finalise the transfer within the next week, although they could face competition from Bayern Munich, who hold a recall option on Can after allowing him to join Leverkusen last summer.
Liverpool eye Marcelo
Despite expressing a strong interest in signing Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno, Liverpool, says TalkSPORT, are also keeping tabs on Real Madrid star Marcelo.
The Brazilian has apparently grown frustrated at being benched in favour of Fabio Coentrao in recent months, and is also attracting interest from Juventus.
Marcelo's contract expires next summer, leaving Carlo Ancelotti with a tough decision to make regarding the 26-year-old's future.
Tommy gunning for Bayern exit?
That's the rumour in the Daily Star, which claims Thomas Mueller is getting fidgety at Bayern Munich. Apparently eight trophies in two years just isn't enough to keep him happy.
"I have come to a point where I want to know if I am an important part of tomorrow's starting lineup at Bayern," said Mueller as he announced his frustration.
"And, what the club plans for me in the coming years. That's why I am looking to have this conversation."
If he chooses to leave, Manchester United are leading the chase for the Germany international, but Transfer Talk wouldn't be surprised if Mueller signs a new deal in the not-too-distant future.
Odds and ends
- Diego Costa's medical results are in, and they confirm the horse placenta has done the trick -- he's good to go for his move to Chelsea. Mind you, would you like to be the doctor who had to tell Costa he's lacking fitness? Not with all those sharp instruments around.
- Philippe Senderos is to undergo a medical at Aston Villa, much to the joy of the club's supporters. The former Arsenal defender is expected to agree to terms on Thursday before jetting off to the World Cup with Switzerland.
- Perhaps Liverpool need that deal for Marcelo to go through after it emerged that Tottenham are also in the race for Alberto Moreno. Spurs, who have a habit of trying to gazump the Reds, hope to tempt Sevilla into selling the left-back by offering Roberto Soldado on a yearlong loan.
- Newcastle have fought off stiff competition from West Ham to sign Jack Colback on a five-year contract, according to the Daily Mail. The Sunderland midfielder was offered 50,000 pounds a week to join the Hammers, but has apparently chosen to stay in the northeast.
- Bafetimbi Gomis is the subject of a four-way Premier League tug-of-war, with QPR, Newcastle, Sunderland and Swansea all tracking the striker. Gomis is set to become a free agent when his Lyon contract expires at the end of June, but would still command wages of around 70,000 pounds a week.
- Meanwhile, the Blues are also closing in on youngster Jurgen Damm, according to The Mirror. Expect the 21-year-old, who is half German and half Mexican, to be playing on loan at a club near you very soon.