The rumors have built into a crescendo. Giovani Dos Santos' agent has confirmed that the Los Angeles Galaxy's flirtatious glances are being reciprocated and it appears there is a realistic possibility that the 26-year-old will join MLS this summer.
It is certainly a fascinating prospect.
For MLS and the Galaxy, it really would be a no-brainer. The league benefits from getting one of Mexico's biggest-name flair players, a forward who etched his way into the consciousness of Mexican fans when...
Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard admits he turned down a "couple of nice opportunities" to move to a club in Europe in order to pursue a new challenge with LA Galaxy.
Gerrard, 35, is to be presented to his new club's fans at half-time of Saturday's MLS game against Toronto FC.
The midfielder will then publicly don a Galaxy jersey for the first time in an open training session on Tuesday ahead of a news conference, with his debut set for July 17 at home to San Jose Earthquakes.
- Transfer Talk: Daily roundup | Done deals
- Rumour Rater: Ramos, Vidal and Benteke
- Nani set for Fenerbahce | United firm on De Gea fee
- Liverpool sign Barcelona teenager Adekanye
- Marotta: Pogba won't be sold | €80m bid rejected
- Smith: Invest in defenders | Jolly: Stars free in 2016
- Brewin: Liverpool's unwanted XI | Yokhin on Douglas
- FC TV: Gab-O'Meter on Schneiderlin | Real Madrid's needs?
And the former...
HOUSTON -- U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann may not like his players moving to MLS from European leagues, but Mexico's Miguel Herrera would not have a problem if Giovani Dos Santos signs for L.A. Galaxy.
Multiple reports have come out in recent days stating interest from Galaxy in Villarreal's Dos Santos and Herrera does not believe that the striker's position with the national team would be weakened if he does complete a move.
"There's no reason it would affect anything," Herrera said...