Hannover have suspended three youth academy players who planned to rob a local casino, the Bundesliga club have confirmed.
The three youngsters only changed their plans at the last minute when they were on their way to the venue in a car with a stolen number plate. They were armed with gas pistols and balaclavas.
Hannover confirmed that the incident took place to several news outlets in Germany, with Bild breaking the story on Monday afternoon.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
When returning from the aborted robbery, the youth...