Croatia international Ivica Olic could leave Hamburg in January and move to Major League Soccer ahead of the 2016 season.
Olic, 36, joined Hamburg from Wolfsburg in January for a second spell at the club, and was a regular as they successfully battled to avoid relegation from the Bundesliga.
But this season the Croatia international has struggled to break into Bruno Labbadia's side and has made only five league appearances as a late substitute.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Macintosh: Arsenal have hope | Sanchez, Ozil top ratings
- Corrigan: Complete Barca dominate Roma | Ratings
- Lovell: Costa stars for Bayern | Willian leads Chelsea
- Johnson: How teams can qualify for UCL last 16
- Iniesta tops Power Rankings | Corrigan: Pressure on Rafa
- FC TV: Chelsea show progress | MLS coach of the year
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"It's a fact that for the first time in my career I...