Croatia international Ivica Olic could leave Hamburg in January and move to Major League Soccer ahead of the 2016 season.
Olic, 36, joined Hamburg from Wolfsburg in January for a second spell at the club, and was a regular as they successfully battled to avoid relegation from the Bundesliga.
But this season the Croatia international has struggled to break into Bruno Labbadia's side and has made only five league appearances as a late substitute.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Unlikely Prem top scorers | Darke: Newcastle, Villa woe
- Hunter: Cost of Barca's success | Horncastle: Napoli dream
- Marcotti's Musings | Miller: Prem lacking | Evans on Wenger
- Mitten: Schweinsteiger's still got "it" | Klopp faces dilemma
- FC TV: Costa or De Bruyne? | Boiling Point | MLS Cup picks
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"It's a fact that for the first time in my career I...