Joaquin is still waiting to discover if he will be permitted to return to Spain and join Real Betis as his club Fiorentina continue to demand full payment for the 34-year-old.
The Spanish midfielder made a plea to the Serie A club to let him leave this summer and return to Betis, where he started his career.
However, the Viola have so far refused to accommodate his wishes since Betis are not close to matching their asking price for a player who has one year left to run on his contract in Florence.
- Valencia sign Abdennour | Norwich close on Mbokani
- Jonny Evans joins West Brom | Forestieri leaves Watford
- Buczko: BVB have a different approach to transfer window
- Villarreal signs Denis Suarez | Blackett joins Celtic on loan
- Juventus confirm Kingsley Coman will leave | Park Joo-ho
- Rumour Rater | Clubs' transfer needs | Miller: Top 10 sagas
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA