Southampton are hopeful of concluding a deal to sign Feyenoord captain Jordy Clasie, a source has told ESPN FC.
Saints boss Ronald Koeman worked with Clasie when he was Feyenoord manager and has identified the 24-year-old Netherlands international as his first choice to replace Morgan Schneiderlin, who joined Manchester United on Monday.
- Chelsea confident of signing Everton's John Stones
- Abou Diaby joins Marseille | Norwich to loan Wisdom?
- Marco Reus says he's staying at Borussia Dortmund
- Marcotti: Juventus confident of Julian Draxler deal
- Bayern sign Vidal from Juve | Atletico sign Filipe Luis
- LIVE: Transfer talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Claise has been on the books at Feyenoord since the age of nine and found his feet in their first team under the guidance of Koeman during the 2011-12 Eredevise,...