Southampton are hopeful of concluding a deal to sign Feyenoord captain Jordy Clasie, a source has told ESPN FC.
Saints boss Ronald Koeman worked with Clasie when he was Feyenoord manager and has identified the 24-year-old Netherlands international as his first choice to replace Morgan Schneiderlin, who joined Manchester United on Monday.
- Chelsea confident of signing Stones | Kenedy praise
- Liverpool open to Balotelli offers | Lambert move
- Ibrahimovic plans 'surprise' move | Real sign keeper
- Marcotti: Juventus confident of Draxler deal | Green
- Van Gaal: I don't know where Di Maria is | Drogba welcome
- LIVE: Transfer talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Claise has been on the books at Feyenoord since the age of nine and found his feet in their first team under the guidance of Koeman during the 2011-12 Eredevise,...