Fenerbahce kept qualification for the knockout stage of the Europa League in their own hands with an impressive 2-0 win at Group A leaders Molde.
The Norwegians were already secure of a place in the last 32, having gone into Thursday's match five points clear of the Turkish side, who were two ahead of Ajax.
However, Fernandao and Ozan Tufan netted in the second half to leave Fenerbahce on course for qualification, as Molde finished the match with 10 men defender Knut Olav Rindaroy was sent off in...
Robin van Persie has cooled speculation he could join Chelsea or Barcelona in January, saying he is happy at Fenerbahce.
Van Persie, 32, left Manchester United in the summer after falling down the pecking order under Louis van Gaal, but he has had a disappointing start to life at Fenerbahce.
The Netherlands international has been linked with moves to both Chelsea and Barca in the winter window but he has indicated that he plans to remain in Turkey.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Heroes and Villains: Pardew's day of joy, Costa's bib fit
- Delaney: Chelsea, Spurs draw | Mourinho on Costa | TOTW
- Macintosh: Arsenal lose points, players | Ratings | Mariner
- Brewin: Man City earn win | Miller: Leicester hold Man United
- Neymar stars for Barca | Madrid get a win | Bayern march on
- FC TV: Man United stalling | Vardy is complete | Pep's future
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"There is a lot of talk about Chelsea and...
Ajax remain winless after four Europa League matches following a goalless draw at home to vulnerable Fenerbahce.
The Eredivisie side had the bulk of possession and captain Davy Klaassen wasted a couple of chances to put the ball in the net, but instead they had to make do with a third draw from four Group A outings.
Their Turkish opponents, two points better off, could not have complained had they been beaten but saw Fernandao spurn the best chance of the game in the closing minutes.
The home side's...