Porto goalkeeper Iker Casillas is a target for Major League Soccer franchise New York City FC, a source has told ESPN FC.
New York City, under head coach Patrick Vieira, are keen to strengthen their squad after a disappointing first campaign last season in MLS.
Manchester's City's sister club already have former Chelsea star Frank Lampard, Italian playmaker Andrea Pirlo and ex-Barcelona striker David Villa in their squad.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Macintosh: Leicester, Ranieri dare to dream | Vardy deal
- Player Ratings: Man City | Tottenham | Liverpool | West Ham
- Saul sparks Atletico | Why was Jackson Martinez a flop?
- Chelsea vs. Man United: 50-50 challenge | Five questions
- Delaney: Jose Mourinho is Man United's only option
- Evans: Oscar, not John Terry, vital to Chelsea's future
- FIFA: Scandal FAQs | Atkins: Jiangsu shocks world football
- FC TV: Pochettino is a genius | Fan walkout affected Liverpool
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
A source told ESPN FC that New York City have held a long-term interest in...