Porto goalkeeper Iker Casillas is a target for Major League Soccer franchise New York City FC, a source has told ESPN FC.
New York City, under head coach Patrick Vieira, are keen to strengthen their squad after a disappointing first campaign last season in MLS.
Manchester's City's sister club already have former Chelsea star Frank Lampard, Italian playmaker Andrea Pirlo and ex-Barcelona striker David Villa in their squad.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
A source told ESPN FC that New York City have held a long-term interest in...