Giannelli Imbula has denied suggestions he was forced out of Marseille, telling RMC he alone had made the decision to join Porto.
Imbula, 22, signed a five-year contract with the Portuguese giants earlier this week in a €20 million deal.
With Marseille's financial situation precarious, French media had suggested Imbula, who was a first-team regular under Marcelo Bielsa last season, was pushed out of the Stade Velodrome.
- Transfer Talk: Daily roundup | Done deals
- Rumour Rater: Ramos, Vidal and Benteke
- Nani joins Fenerbahce | Podolski to Galatasaray
- Ramos 'not negotiating with anyone' | De Gea
- Marotta: Pogba won't be sold | €80m bid rejected
- Smith: Invest in defenders | Jolly: Stars free in 2016
- Brewin: Liverpool's unwanted XI | Yokhin on Douglas
- FC TV: Gab-O'Meter on Schneiderlin | Madrid's needs?
The midfielder, however, insisted the decision to move had been his own.