Porto goalkeeper Iker Casillas is a target for Major League Soccer franchise New York City FC, a source has told ESPN FC.
New York City, under head coach Patrick Vieira, are keen to strengthen their squad after a disappointing first campaign last season in MLS.
Manchester's City's sister club already have former Chelsea star Frank Lampard, Italian playmaker Andrea Pirlo and ex-Barcelona striker David Villa in their squad.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti: Believe in Leicester, Barca win ugly, Serie A drama
- Miller: Leicester heroes' rise | Why Liverpool fans left Anfield
- Evans: Man United's turmoil | Zouma setback | Power Ranks
- Corrigan: Torres hits 100 | Messi vs. Ronaldo | Super Bowl
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | U.S.' friendly wins
- FC TV: Leicester keep it simple | Defining month for Arsenal
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
A source told ESPN FC that New York City have held a long-term interest in...