Porto goalkeeper Iker Casillas is a target for Major League Soccer franchise New York City FC, a source has told ESPN FC.
New York City, under head coach Patrick Vieira, are keen to strengthen their squad after a disappointing first campaign last season in MLS.
Manchester's City's sister club already have former Chelsea star Frank Lampard, Italian playmaker Andrea Pirlo and ex-Barcelona striker David Villa in their squad.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Evans: Chelsea, Man Utd learn little | Brewin: Costa denies
- Delaney: Arsenal ease | Macintosh: Leicester dream | TOTW
- Ratings: Man United | Arsenal | Man City | Spurs | Liverpool
- Corrigan: Modric winner saves Madrid | FIFA scandal FAQ
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | U.S. friendly wins
- FC TV: Pochettino a genius | Fan walkout affected Liverpool
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
A source told ESPN FC that New York City have held a long-term interest in...