Uruguayan striker Leandro Rodriguez has completed his move to Everton from River Plate Montevideo for an undisclosed fee.
The 22-year-old forward has signed a four-year deal at Goodison Park and is expected to be part of a South American double swoop for boss Roberto Martinez, who also hopes to tie up a deal for Argentinian central defender Ramiro Funes Mori soon.
Rodriguez scored 19 times in 71 games for his hometown club and Martinez hopes he can mature on Merseyside.
- Rumour Rater | Clubs' transfer needs | Miller: Top 10 sagas
- Evans set for West Brom | Lescott to Villa | Berahino could go
- De Bruyne set for Man City | Cox: How will he fit? | Honigstein
- Stoke reject Walters bid | Adebayor to West Ham? | Kampl
- Tottenham sign Son | Sevilla land Llorente on free from Juve
- FC TV: Spurs' inactivity | No Stones surprise | De Gea mess
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"Leandro is one of those...
As Everton prepares for a testing fixture against Tottenham on Saturday, its turbulent week could prove to be a blessing in disguise. An unsettling 36 hours revealed a group of players, their manager and a chairman demonstrating bullish determination and considerable ambition.
A shock start to the week threatened to descend into a full-blown nightmare, as a transfer request from John Stones and a team on the brink of an embarrassing League Cup exit prepared to inflict potentially lasting damage.