Gerard Deulofeu has declared that he wants to stay with Everton even if Barcelona try to activate a buyout clause in his contract.
The winger left the Spanish champions to move to Goodison Park on a permanent deal in July, a year after completing a successful season-long loan stint with the Toffees.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Jolly: Man Utd nearing exit | Shaw: Hard to watch | Ratings
- Madrid Ratings: Ronaldo finds form | Real still a top team?
- Rzouki: Juve jumpstart | Man City ratings | Ibra goes home
- Macintosh: Arsenal have hope | Sanchez and Ozil top ratings
- Corrigan: Complete Barca | Johnson: How teams can qualify
- FC TV: Barca the best | Pellegrini's problem | Man Utd to lose
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
However, when agreeing to sell Deulofeu, Barca insisted that they had the option to buy him back for €9 million -- around £6.3m -- at the end of this season.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez...