Everton midfielder Tom Cleverley has suffered ligament damage but avoided a broken ankle in an injury suffered on Saturday, Roberto Martinez has said.
Cleverley, 26, was carried off on a stretcher after being challenged by Eric Dier during the first half of a 0-0 Premier League draw at Tottenham.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Hunter: Real 'win' De Gea saga | Marcotti: Both clubs lose
- Smith: The cult of the transfer | Miller: Moves not decisive
- Laurens: Man Utd gamble on Martial | Mitten: Wild window
- Window Watch: Club-by-club | Cox: Best Prem transfers
- Delaney: Prem transfer grades | Horncastle: Euro grades
- Premier League highlights (U.S.) | TOTW | Power Rankings
- ESPN FC TV: Window buzz | Stale Chelsea | Man City smart
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | Fantasy | FC Podcast
He is expected to be out for around eight weeks, although there were initially fears that he could be absent for much longer.
Martinez told Everton's official website: "We have mixed feelings because we...