Leighton Baines believes Everton showed they found an answer to Manchester United's gameplan by stifling Louis van Gaal's attack in Sunday's 3-0 win.
United recorded emphatic victories over Tottenham, Liverpool and Manchester City in recent weeks after Van Gaal switched to a 4-1-4-1 formation.
But while United had 65 percent of possession at Goodison Park, they failed to score for the second successive game -- and left-back Baines thought Everton's planning paid off.
PREMIER LEAGUE LATEST
- City up to second, Liverpool held, Leicester win again
- Brewin: Man City win calamitous affair with Villa
- Usher: Lovren the only bright spot for Liverpool vs. WBA
- Macintosh: Saints prove they've moved on from Poch
- Rodgers: Liverpool don't score enough
- Transfer Talk: Premier League's best court Gareth Bale
"I think it worked very...