LIVERPOOL -- New Everton signing Matty Foulds is a rare talent who will be given a "clear path" to the first team at Goodison Park, manager Roberto Martinez says.
Foulds will join the Toffees in January after a £225,000 deal was agreed with League Two side Bury.
The 17-year-old has made only two senior appearances in cup competitions for his current club, for whom he has yet to make his league debut.
Martinez, though, feels that Foulds' potential -- and his ability as a left-footed central defender...
LIVERPOOL -- Roberto Martinez says that Everton need to help Leighton Baines overcome the fear of further injury before restoring him to the team.
Baines, 30, has not played a competitive match since May because of an ankle problem that needed two operations.
The left-back was on the verge of a return after his first bout of surgery when he aggravated the injury in a freak training ground accident in August.
And Martinez admits that the club need to build up Baines' confidence before throwing him...
Gerard Deulofeu has declared that he wants to stay with Everton even if Barcelona try to activate a buyout clause in his contract.
The winger left the Spanish champions to move to Goodison Park on a permanent deal in July, a year after completing a successful season-long loan stint with the Toffees.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Mitten: Man Utd fans are frustrated | Shaw: Boring to watch
- Arsenal must rest Sanchez now | Chelsea too Willian reliant
- Neymar must maintain form | Ames: Champions League XI
- Honigstein: Chicharito stars, Bayer struggle | CL scenarios
- FC TV: Barca the best | Pellegrini's problem | Man Utd to lose
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
However, when agreeing to sell Deulofeu, Barca insisted that they had the option to buy him back for €9 million -- around £6.3m -- at the end of this season.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez...