Everton are pursuing a deal for Tom Cleverley as manager Roberto Martinez seeks to strengthen his midfield.
The England international is set to become a free agent when his contract with Manchester United expires at the end of June, and is looking to sort out his future.
Cleverley has just completed a season's loan at Aston Villa, helping them to reach the FA Cup final and secure Premier League survival.
- ESPN FC ranks Top 50 players in Premier League
- Cox: How Lukaku, Berahino, Welbeck use their pace
- Macintosh: Milner is elite despite no-frills approach
- Tyler: Five players who missed #PremRank cut
- Brewin: Austin took long way to the Premier League
- Miller: The top 10 moments in John Terry renaissance
- Jolly: Yaya Toure's talent is taken for granted
- Hislop: Assessing De Gea, Courtois, Lloris and Hart
He said in May that he was interested in a permanent move to Villa, but Everton are hopeful...