NYON, Switzerland -- UEFA has confirmed that Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Arijan Ademi was banned after testing positive for the anabolic steroid stanozolol.
European football's governing body suspended Ademi, 24, for four years last week, but did not identify the substance in his urine sample given after a Champions League match against Arsenal in September.
Stanozolol is best known as the steroid Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson was caught using at the 1988 Olympics.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Heroes and Villains: Pardew's day of joy, Costa's bib fit
- Delaney: Chelsea, Spurs draw | Mourinho on Costa | TOTW
- Macintosh: Arsenal lose points, players | Ratings | Mariner
- Brewin: Man City earn win | Miller: Leicester hold Man United
- Neymar stars for Barca | Madrid get a win | Bayern march on
- FC TV: Man United stalling | Vardy is complete | Pep's future
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS