NYON, Switzerland -- UEFA has confirmed that Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Arijan Ademi was banned after testing positive for the anabolic steroid stanozolol.
European football's governing body suspended Ademi, 24, for four years last week, but did not identify the substance in his urine sample given after a Champions League match against Arsenal in September.
Stanozolol is best known as the steroid Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson was caught using at the 1988 Olympics.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Macintosh: Can Tottenham win the league? | #FCdebate
- Lowe: Busquets vital as ever to Barca | Messi vs. Ronaldo
- Brewin: How Man City get out of their rut | Defining moment
- Neymar must maintain form | Ames: Champions League XI
- FC TV: Bayern in dark over Pep future | Alteti above Real?
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS