NYON, Switzerland -- UEFA has confirmed that Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Arijan Ademi was banned after testing positive for the anabolic steroid stanozolol.
European football's governing body suspended Ademi, 24, for four years last week, but did not identify the substance in his urine sample given after a Champions League match against Arsenal in September.
Stanozolol is best known as the steroid Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson was caught using at the 1988 Olympics.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Brewin: Man City back on track | Ratings: Delph excels
- Miller: Leicester earn draw | United ratings: Smalling key
- Macintosh: Can Tottenham win the league? | #FCdebate
- Lowe: Busquets vital as ever | Neymar superb in 4-0 win
- FC TV: Bayern in dark over Pep future | Atleti above Real?
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS