NEW YORK -- Toronto FC's Damien Perquis, Columbus Crew's Federico Higuain, New England's Kelyn Rowe and Real Salt Lake's Demar Phillips have been fined by MLS for infractions.
MLS POWER RANKINGS
- June 29: Sounders tumble; Sporting KC peak
- June 22: Sounders stay top; D.C. on the rise
- June 15: Seattle's rout of Dallas keeps it at first
- June 8: Kansas City challenges Seattle at the top
- June 1: Seattle still first, Galaxy make their move
- May 25: Seattle Sounders the team to beat
- May 18: Sounders climb into first place
The MLS Disciplinary Committee fined the players undisclosed amounts on Thursday.
The infractions occurred in matches played last week -- Perquis (embellishment) against D.C. United; Higuain (simulation) against the Revolution; Rowe (hands to neck) against Columbus; and Phillips (failing to leave the field in timely manner...
Kaka and Carlos Rivas helped Orlando City SC to a 2-0 victory over a second-string Columbus Crew in Tuesday night's U.S. Open Cup round-of-16 matchup.
Orlando's decision to field their first-choice XI paid off with Darwin Ceren setting up Kaka for the home team's opener in the 21st minute, before Rivas made sure of the victory with an excellent strike 13 minutes later.
The Crew, who started with nine changes from the team that drew 2-2 with Real Salt Lake on Saturday, were unable to work their way...