Columbus Crew SC have signed free agent forward Conor Casey, the MLS club announced on Tuesday.
Casey, 34, is sixth among active players with 71 MLS goals in the regular season.
He will join the MLS Cup finalists to add depth behind star striker Kei Kamara, who has yet to report to training camp amid a reported contract dispute.
Casey started his career in Germany with Borussia Dortmund before moving to Mainz in 2004. He then joined MLS in 2007 and won MLS Cup with Colorado in 2010.
MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER
- McIntyre: Cole not in L.A. for the beaches
- Rapids add Conor Doyle from D.C. United
- Altidore seeks to make 2016 his best year
- Parkhurst: Road to MLS Cup starts now
- McBride: Miazga to Chelsea a positive
- FC TV: Fernando Torres moving to MLS?
- Transfers: Latest MLS player moves
He played the...