Jose Mourinho has confirmed John Terry is a doubt for Sunday's clash at Tottenham after being stretchered off during Chelsea's 4-0 Champions League win at Maccabi Tel-Aviv on Tuesday.
The English title holders kept their hopes of reaching the Champions League knockout stages alive with a convincing win in Israel, with Gary Cahill scoring in the first half before former Chelsea defender Tal Ben Haim was shown a straight red card for hacking Diego Costa.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti: Barca dominate Madrid in Clasico | Hunter
- Evans: New TV deal will forever change Prem | Hirshey
- Palmer: Arsenal UCL hopes hang in the balance | W2W4
- Iniesta tops Power Rankings | Corrigan: Pressure on Rafa
- Ames: AVB, Hulk have Zenit flying | Cruyff driving Maccabi
- FC TV: Perez the victim | Man City favourites? | Leicester
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Chelsea captain Terry was replaced for Kurt...
Three thoughts on Chelsea's 4-0 win at Maccabi Tel Aviv in the Champions League on Tuesday.
1. Another false dawn for Chelsea?
Back-to-back wins for Chelsea again at last, but also back to so many of the themes and discussions of this season.
That is the one big caveat to this otherwise-comfortable and convincing 4-0 win over 10-man Maccabi Tel Aviv: They were still dependent on two set pieces to get them going -- the second, of course, coming from another Willian direct free kick -- and still...