It is not a phrase uttered often these days but the Football Association have applied a piece of common sense regarding Cesc Fabregas' bizarre red card against West Brom on Monday night, reducing the suspension to just one match.
The decision to truncate the Spaniard's ban emanated from the Independent Regulatory Commission, who clearly agreed with the wider football world and accepted Chelsea's appeal against what they saw as excessive punishment.
- Worrall: Chelsea set for one last hurrah
- Mourinho reassess 'campaign' comments
- Mourinho, Hazard win Premier League awards
- Jolly: Cech and Drogba are Chelsea legends
- Fabregas suspension reduced to one game
- Lythell: Mourinho needs some improvement
- Agent: Cech keen on Arsenal, United, PSG
Given some of the wild challenges that have failed...