Barcelona sporting vice-president Jordi Mestre revealed that the Catalan giants were very keen on acquiring Nolito from Celta Vigo in the January transfer window.
Nolito, who was a former Barca B player has been one of the most impressive players at Celta, scoring seven goals in his first nine league appearances, before missing their last six games with a hamstring injury.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Macintosh: Leicester, Ranieri dare to dream | Vardy deal
- Player Ratings: Man City | Tottenham | Liverpool | West Ham
- Saul sparks Atletico | Why was Jackson Martinez a flop?
- Chelsea vs. Man United: 50-50 challenge | Five questions
- Delaney: Jose Mourinho is Man United's only option
- Evans: Oscar, not John Terry, vital to Chelsea's future
- FIFA: Scandal FAQs | Atkins: Jiangsu shocks world football
- FC TV: Pochettino is a genius | Fan walkout affected Liverpool
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
With Luis Enrique putting Nolito as his top target for January, the club did everything they could to sign the player, but...