Barcelona sporting vice-president Jordi Mestre revealed that the Catalan giants were very keen on acquiring Nolito from Celta Vigo in the January transfer window.
Nolito, who was a former Barca B player has been one of the most impressive players at Celta, scoring seven goals in his first nine league appearances, before missing their last six games with a hamstring injury.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
With Luis Enrique putting Nolito as his top target for January, the club did everything they could to sign the player, but...