Barcelona sporting vice-president Jordi Mestre revealed that the Catalan giants were very keen on acquiring Nolito from Celta Vigo in the January transfer window.
Nolito, who was a former Barca B player has been one of the most impressive players at Celta, scoring seven goals in his first nine league appearances, before missing their last six games with a hamstring injury.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Delaney: Mourinho is Man United's only option
- Evans: Oscar, not Terry, vital to Chelsea's future
- Lowe: Neville aware of his Valencia situation
- Moran: Mexican goalkeeping at a crossroads
- FIFA: Scandal FAQs | Dall: Prem spotlight
- Previews: Barca must stay hungry | Chelsea-Man Utd
- FC TV: Neymar tops Ronaldo? | Players and Pep? | Prem race
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
With Luis Enrique putting Nolito as his top target for January, the club did everything they could to sign the player, but...