BRISBANE, Australia -- Football Federation Australia (FFA) has told the Indonesian owners of Brisbane Roar that they will lose control of the A-League club if its financial problems are not addressed immediately.
Two representatives of the Bakrie Group met FFA chief executive David Gallop in Sydney on Friday to discuss the club's future and Gallop said there was a "frank discussion."
"The Bakrie Group is under no illusion of what's required to remedy this situation," Gallop said in a statement.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Vickery: Neymar to United a long shot | Rooney not enough
- Prem team news | Spotlight | Fantasy | Messi vs. Ronaldo
- UCL group draw | Predictions | Marcotti: Tough draw for City
- Cox: Do De Bruyne, Otamendi fit at City? | Transfer sagas
- Marcotti: FIFA reformer's unfortunate comments | Platini
- Prem highlights (U.S.) | Rumour Rater | Aguero boosts City
- ESPN FC TV: City favourites? | Nicol: Mario must perform
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | ESPN FC TV | Fantasy | FC Podcast