Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has said his scoring run for Borussia Dortmund is inspired by his desire to be named African Footballer of the Year.
Aubameyang, 26, has made the shortlist for the award for a third year running following his outstanding goal-scoring form for Dortmund.
The Gabon international finished last season as Dortmund's top scorer, but in only 14 Bundesliga games this campaign he has already bettered that tally by one goal.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Unlikely Prem top scorers | Darke: Newcastle, Villa woe
- Hunter: Cost of Barca's success | Horncastle: Napoli dream
- Marcotti's Musings | Miller: Prem lacking | Evans on Wenger
- Mitten: Schweinsteiger's still got "it" | Klopp faces dilemma
- FC TV: Costa or De Bruyne? | Boiling Point | MLS Cup picks
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"I want to become African Footballer of the Year. This year,...