Juan Roman Riquelme has revealed that Manchester United tried to sign him in 2006 -- and said that turning Sir Alex Ferguson down was the only regret of his career.
The Argentine had helped Manuel Pellegrini's Villarreal team reach the last four of the Champions League when he said United attempted to buy him.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Train: RVP could replace Hernandez at Real
- Liverpool expect new Sterling bid - sources
- Brewin: Liverpool's unwanted XI
- Vickery: Copa America team of the tournament
- Jolly: Top Prem stars available in 2016
- Hays: Lloyd leads U.S. to Women's World Cup
- Toe Poke: Drake shows Drogba how it's done
- FC TV: Gab-O-Meter on Pogba move to Barcelona
- Transfer Talk | News | All the done deals
But the playmaker opted to stay in Spain and missed out on playing his part in a hugely successful period for United.
"The only thing I regret in my career was a decision that I took,...