Sporting came from behind to qualify for the Europa League's last 32 while Besiktas crashed out after conceding three times in 11 minutes.
The Turkish side dominated the opening half in Lisbon and deservedly led just before the hour when ex-Sporting man Ricardo Quaresma's exquisite pass set up Mario Gomez for the opener.
However, Sporting flipped the game on its head and won 3-1 thanks to quick-fire goals from Islam Slimani, Bryan Ruiz and substitute Teofilo Gutierrez, who was booked for stealing...
NYON, Switzerland -- UEFA has fined Besiktas and Lokomotiv Moscow for the behavior of their supporters during a Europa League game.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti: Believe in Leiceste, Barca win ugly, Serie A drama
- Miller: Leicester heroes' rise | Why Liverpool fans left Anfield
- Evans: Man United's turmoil | Zouma setback | Power Ranks
- Corrigan: Torres hits 100 | Messi vs. Ronaldo | Super Bowl
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | U.S.' friendly wins
- FC TV: Leicester keep it simple | Defining month for Arsenal
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Lokomotiv was fined 30,000 euros ($31,600) for crowd disturbances during the group game on Nov. 5, which finished 1-1, while host Besiktas was fined 26,000 euros ($27,400) for the use of pyrotechnics by its fans and blocked stairways at the stadium in Istanbul.
Following the first game this season between the two teams last month in Moscow, Lokomotiv was fined 12,000...