Atletico Madrid executive Clemente Villaverde predicted an "open group" after his side were drawn to play Benfica, Galatasaray and FC Astana in the Champions League group draw on Thursday.
Atletico have played both Portuguese champions Benfica and Turkish club Galatasaray in recent competition, however Champions League debutants Astana will be more of an unknown entity.
UCL DRAW: REACTIONS, ODDS AND MORE
- Full Draw: Man City handed toughest group
- Marcotti: Tough draw for City, Barca | SPI predictions
- Group A: Real Madrid, PSG through | Group B: Man Utd top?
- Group C: Atletico top | Group D: Man City test
- Group E: Barca ease | Group F: Bayern, Arsenal
- Group G: Chelsea to cruise | Group H: Zenit upset?
- FC TV: Prem's chances | Rapid reax | Tables | Fixtures
Speaking from the ceremony in Monaco, Villaverde told reporters the trips to Lisbon and Istanbul were sure to be difficult,...