Bayern Munich midfielder Mario Gotze has been ruled out for 10 to 12 weeks with a thigh injury sustained in Germany's Euro 2016 qualifier defeat to Republic of Ireland, the German football federation (DFB) announced on Friday.
Gotze, 23, was substituted in the 35th minute of Thursday night's 1-0 loss in Dublin after overstretching while battling for the ball with James McCarthy.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Rating Klopp's news conference | Why he chose Liverpool
- Delaney: Roman backs Mourinho | Walcott central | England
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- Top 10 : International rivalries | Vickery on CONMEBOL
- McIntyre: Klinsmann's test | Marshall: Mexico chaos | Picks
- FC TV: Power Rankings | Tension in Madrid? | Prem top four
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Germany coach Joachim Low confirmed after the match that Gotze would definitely miss Sunday's home fixture against...