Trending: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confident over Euro salary cap
Thursday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
BAYERN MUNICH: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has told kicker he believes progress is being made on plans to introduce a salary cap in European football.
- Bayern midfielder Renato Sanches has moved to Swansea on a season-long loan.
PSG: Kylian Mbappe's proposed move from Monaco to PSG is on hold as the capital club try to find a way to remain within FFP regulations, L'Equipe reports.
- Marco Verratti has said Julian Draxler could be pushed into a substitute role after the arrival of Neymar and the potential signing of Kylian Mbappe.
MAN CITY: City have made a second bid for Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez, sources haves told ESPN FC.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United will cover fans visa costs for their trip to CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.
- Sir Alex Ferguson has called Liverpool's ongoing transfer saga with Philippe Coutinho "disappointing" in light of the opportunities the club afforded him to become the player he is today.
- Victor Lindelof says he is happy with his start to life at Manchester United, despite failing to play a minute during the first three games of the Premier League season.
- Wolfsburg have signed Belgium striker Divock Origi on loan from Liverpool.
- Brazil coach Tite says Philippe Coutinho will start as a substitute for the team's upcoming World Cup qualifier against Ecuador.
TOTTENHAM: Tottenham have completed the signing of Ivory Coast international Serge Aurier from Paris Saint-Germain.
- Tottenham Hotspur are confident of gazumping Chelsea's bid for Swansea City striker Fernando Llorente, sources have told ESPN FC.
LEICESTER: Riyad Mahrez has been given permission to leave the Algeria squad and return to Europe to "formalise his transfer to his new club," the Algerian Football Federation has announced.
BARCELONA: Barcelona have no interest in signing Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez despite reports he had arrived in the Catalan city on Thursday, club sources have told ESPN FC.
- Sergi Samper has expressed his disappointment at having to go out on loan for the second season running, suggesting he was the player best suited in the Barcelona squad to be Sergio Busquets' understudy.
CHELSEA: Eden Hazard has urged his Chelsea and Belgium teammate Michy Batshuayi to find playing time -- even if it's away from Stamford Bridge -- if the club's reported move for Swansea's Fernando Llorente comes to fruition.
WEST BROM: West Bromwich Albion have completed the signing of midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak on a loan with no option to buy from Paris Saint-Germain.
PORTUGAL: Portugal coach Fernando Santos says Cristiano Ronaldo's "principal characteristic is that he wants to be a winner" as the Real Madrid star seeks to draw closer to Ferenc Puskas at the top of Europe's all-time goal scoring list.
UNITED STATES: Fabian Johnson says that in his conversations with manager Bruce Arena, the plan ahead of Friday's World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica is for him to play in midfield, and not at full-back.
- WATCH: Christian Pulisic on his creativity.
MLS: United States goalkeeper Brad Guzan has hailed Major League Soccer's growth since his departure in the mid-2000s.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.