Real Madrid dominate the FIFPro World XI shortlist with Cristiano Ronaldo facing a battle against Barcelona trio Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez as well as Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney for a place in attack.
FIFPro, the worldwide players' union, has announced a 55-man shortlist for the FIFA FIFPro World XI, with nearly 25,000 players from around the world voting in this year's ballot for their preferred players in a 4-3-3 formation.
Madrid lead the way with 12 representatives on the...
When the dust had only just started to settle on Barcelona's 4-0 win over Real Madrid last weekend and with Luis Enrique in full flow in his postmatch news conference, one of the more light-hearted moments of the night occurred.
Attempting to find a worthwhile line of questioning amid constant praise for the away team's performance, one journalist asked the coach if he would have a problem reintroducing Lionel Messi to a side that was flying so high with Neymar as its central figure.
Gerard Deulofeu has declared that he wants to stay with Everton even if Barcelona try to activate a buyout clause in his contract.
The winger left the Spanish champions to move to Goodison Park on a permanent deal in July, a year after completing a successful season-long loan stint with the Toffees.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Jolly: Man Utd nearing exit | Shaw: Hard to watch | Ratings
- Madrid Ratings: Ronaldo finds form | Real still a top team?
- Rzouki: Juve jumpstart | Man City ratings | Ibra goes home
- Macintosh: Arsenal have hope | Sanchez and Ozil top ratings
- Corrigan: Complete Barca | Johnson: How teams can qualify
- FC TV: Barca the best | Pellegrini's problem | Man Utd to lose
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
However, when agreeing to sell Deulofeu, Barca insisted that they had the option to buy him back for €9 million -- around £6.3m -- at the end of this season.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez...