Trending: Barcelona sue Neymar for breach of contract
Wednesday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
BARCELONA: Neymar is to fight a claim by Barcelona for compensation after his former club announced they are suing him for a breach of contract following his move to Paris Saint-Germain.
- Neymar reunited with old Barcelona friends Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez for some social media fun.
- Barcelona confirmed that their social media accounts were hacked after they had appeared to announce the signing of Angel Di Maria from Paris Saint-Germain.
- Barca are reported to have lodged a fourth bid for Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho. More in Transfer Talk.
- Jean Michael Seri says a move to Barcelona would be "good" but he doubts he has played his final game for Nice.
- Pep Guardiola says a club could activate Barcelona star Lionel Messi's €300 million buyout clause -- but sources have told ESPN FC that it will not be Manchester City.
- Luiz Felipe Scolari said the loss of Paulinho to Barcelona was a major factor in Guangzhou Evergrande's 4-0 thrashing in the first leg of their Asian Champions league quarterfinal loss to Shanghai SIPG on Tuesday evening.
- WATCH: Andres Iniesta's comments on a potential exit are a warning sign for Barcelona.
ENGLAND: Wayne Rooney, England's all-time top scorer, has announced his immediate retirement from international football.
- Madrid's appeal to reduce Cristiano Ronaldo's five-game ban was rejected by a Spanish government's tribunal on Tuesday.
- Ronaldo is to play all 90 minutes in Real Madrid's Trofeo Bernabeu game against Fiorentina on Wednesday -- even as he continues to rail against perceived "injustices" suffered since he last played a home game.
- Stars in Spain are suffering from red card fever, Graham Hunter writes.
- Future Real Madrid player Vinicius Junior says he "must be patient" as hype over the 17-year-old continues to grow following his double strike in Flamengo's 2-0 win over Atletico Goianiense last weekend.
ATLETICO MADRID: Antoine Griezmann has been given a two-game suspension after being sent off for using an offensive word to the referee during Saturday's 2-2 draw in their La Liga opener at newly promoted Girona.
PSG: Paris Saint-Germain are yet to make a concrete offer for Kylian Mbappe, and may delay plans to sign him until next summer, despite both parties being interested in a move, a source close to the club has told ESPN FC.
TOTTENHAM: Paris Saint-Germain's Serge Aurier is close to joining Tottenham Hotspur and the Premier League club are also set to beat the French side to the signing of Estudiantes' Juan Foyth, a source close to the Ligue 1 outfit has told ESPN FC.
- Tottenham have announced the signing of goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga from Southampton.
- Hugo Lloris has told former Tottenham teammate William Gallas that the club's fans may have to be patient a little longer before they see their side lift a trophy.
- Nice coach Lucien Favre criticised his star striker Mario Balotelli for putting in a "negative performance" as they lost their playoff to Napoli.
LIVERPOOL: Jurgen Klopp realises the weight of expectations are on Liverpool's shoulders but losing in their Champions League second leg against Hoffenheim is the furthest thing from the manager's mind.
- Klopp has said he would welcome Philippe Coutinho back into the Liverpool squad despite the Brazilian's attempts to force a move to Barcelona.
MAN CITY: City are preparing an improved bid for West Brom defender Jonny Evans, sources close to both clubs have told ESPN FC.
- Fernandinho says Manchester City showed the sort of spirit that wins titles in their 1-1 Premier League draw with Everton on Monday night.
BUNDESLIGA: The head of the video assistant referee (VAR) project in Germany has suggested that "unacceptable" problems with the new technology could ultimately bring a premature end to the trial period.
FIFA: Carlos Tevez, Juan Sebastian Veron and Dirk Kuyt have been named by hackers Fancy Bears as three of the players permitted to use otherwise-banned medicines during the 2010 World Cup.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United are still in the hunt for Ryan Sessegnon but there is a growing feeling at Old Trafford that the teenager would prefer to stay in London if he decides to leave Fulham, sources have told ESPN FC.
- Gary Neville has told Jose Mourinho to resist the temptation to bench Marcus Rashford in favour of Anthony Martial.
- WATCH: FC's Paul Mariner says Luke Shaw will eventually push Daley Blind out.
AC MILAN: Milan have confirmed the signing of Nikola Kalinic from Serie A rivals Fiorentina on an initial season-long loan deal followed by an obligation to make the move permanent next summer.
- AC Milan sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli has apologised after Fiorentina took offence to a joke he made when unveiling Kalinic.
STUTTGART: Julian Green faces an uncertain future with German club Stuttgart, a source close to the player confirmed, following a report that said the U.S. international is for sale.
MLS: The struggling Los Angeles Galaxy will go on the road -- where they have been most comfortable this season -- to face Columbus Crew SC on Wednesday without injured Designated Players Giovani dos Santos and Jermaine Jones.
- New York City FC will host the Houston Dynamo in East Hartford, Connecticut, on Sept. 23 because of a scheduling conflict.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.