What's trending: Neymar snubbed in UEFA's Best Player in Europe award
Here are the latest stories for Monday.
- Brazil legend Ronaldinho has praised Lionel Messi's role in the development of Neymar at Barcelona. Ronaldinho was a senior figure in the Barca team when Messi broke through during the 2004-05 campaign and guided him as he made his first steps in the team.
CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE: Former Chelsea and Newcastle striker Demba Ba suffered a horrific injury in the Chinese Super League's Shanghai derby on Sunday. Ba, 31, had netted 14 goals in 18 appearances for Shanghai Shenhua this season but suffered a horrendous leg break in a tangle with a Shanghai SIPG FC defender. "It's maybe the end of his professional career," RMC quoted coach Gregorio Manzano as saying.
- Jurgen Klopp has revealed that more transfer activity can be expected from Liverpool before the end of the window. "One or two more players will join us from other clubs," Klopp revealed.
- Liverpool made it three preseason victories on the bounce with a convincing 2-0 win over Wigan Athletic on Sunday afternoon.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has said that he can nurture Eric Bailly in the same way that he did with Raphael Varane. Mourinho told MUTV: "I will give him [Bailly] everything to try to make him better and better, like I did with other central defenders I've had in my hands."
CHELSEA: New Chelsea boss Antonio Conte believes that the club's players can improve a lot and eventually reach the level of the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
LEICESTER: Leicester City's primary target this season is to avoid relegation, according to their coach Claudio Ranieri. "If at the start of last season the bookmakers had us down as 5000-1 shots, then this time we start at 6000-1," he said.
- Claudio Ranieri has admitted he is disappointed to lose N'Golo Kante to Chelsea since he had hoped to keep his Premier League-winning squad intact for the Champions League.
- Leicester City are in talks with midfielder Andy King over a new contract, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.
BRAZIL: Captain Neymar said it's rare for a "land of football" like his to have never won gold in the Olympics, while adding he isn't daunted by the responsibility that comes with leading his team.
JUVENTUS: Manchester United target Paul Pogba is among 13 players left out of Juventus' squad for their trip to Australia for the International Champions Cup. France midfielder Pogba and Italy skipper Gianluigi Buffon have been given an extended break by the Serie A champions after representing their nations at Euro 2016.
Thierry Henry has downplayed his departure from the club's coaching staff and says "nothing will change with my love for" the club.
SCHALKE: Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are still in the race to sign Leroy Sane, the young Schalke star's father has said amid reports that Manchester City are close to sealing a move for the Germany attacker.
SANTOS: Reported Chelsea, Barcelona and Juventus target Gabriel Barbosa has hinted he could be set to leave Santos by saying "soon you will know something."
MLS: Major League Soccer announced the 26 players that will make up its All-Star team for a July 28 match featuring the American top flight's best against Arsenal of the Premier League.
Most assists in Europe's top 5 leagues last season pic.twitter.com/44Hfwi8K1o- WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) July 17, 2016
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.