Previous
Fulham
Middlesbrough
11:45 AM UTC
Game Details
Next

Two injured in fire at training centre used by Brazilian club Bangu

A fire broke out at the training centre used by Rio de Janeiro football club Bangu on Monday, sending at least two players to hospital with smoke inhalation but causing no serious injuries.

The incident occurred three days after 10 Flamengo youth players died and three others were injured when their lodgings caught fire.

Bangu, one of the oldest and most traditional clubs in Rio, were training at a military athletics centre when the blaze started after lunch.

The fire was quickly brought under control...