Manchester United's trip to Aston Villa in the 2015-16 Premier League season has been moved to a Friday night kickoff because of a protest planned by the English Defence League (EDL).
United had been due to play Villa on the weekend of Aug. 15/16 but the match has been brought forward to Aug. 14.
Friday has been selected as the proposed Saturday evening kickoff was declined by West Midlands Police because of a clash with a planned EDL march, and United's potential involvement in a Champions League...
Aston Villa are on the brink of completing a £9 million move for Lille's Idrissa Gueye.
Press Association Sport reports that Villa have agreed a fee with the French Ligue 1 side for the midfielder.
- Transfer Talk: Daily roundup | Done deals
- Rumour Rater: Ramos, Vidal and Benteke
- Nani set for Fenerbahce | United firm on De Gea fee
- Liverpool sign Barcelona teenager Adekanye
- Marotta: Pogba won't be sold | €80m bid rejected
- Smith: Invest in defenders | Jolly: Stars free in 2016
- Brewin: Liverpool's unwanted XI | Yokhin on Douglas
- FC TV: Gab-O'Meter on Schneiderlin | Real Madrid's needs?
The 25-year-old Senegalese, who has played more than 130 games for Lille since joining in 2010, is flying to Britain tomorrow for talks and a medical.
If he completes a move to Villa Park, Gueye would be Tim Sherwood's second summer signing at Villa, following Micah Richards' move from Manchester...
The summer transfer market is already being shaped by players whose previous clubs proved unable or unwilling to keep them when their contracts were expiring.
Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, James Milner, Danny Ings and Glen Johnson have all moved on this summer and the window next year will be no different.
As a host of players enter the final year of their deals, coveted footballers can find themselves in an even more enviable position when they are able to enter the market without...