Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim has ruled his side out of the chase for William Carvalho claiming the Arsenal target is too expensive for the Ligue 1 side.
Carvalho, 23, reportedly has a €45 million release clause in his contract with Sporting, a sum Monaco, who finished third in Ligue 1 last season, will not be paying.
"William Carvalho is already well thought of. Monaco won't make an investment of that kind this season to strengthen the team," said Portuguese coach Jardim to Record.
- Transfer Talk: Daily roundup | Done deals
- Sergio Ramos' mother says he wants to stay at Real Madrid
- Chelsea up bid for Stoke keeper Begovic to £8m
- Robinho set to sign for Guangzhou Evergrande
- Macintosh: Why we love rumours | Cox: Big names to go?
- Atkins: Ba and Sissoko crucial for Shanghai Shenhua
- Top 10 Prem done deals | Europe's top 5 transfers
- FC TV: Barca too much for Turan | Ramos and De Gea
- Marcotti's transfer grades: Part one | Part two