Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim has ruled his side out of the chase for William Carvalho claiming the Arsenal target is too expensive for the Ligue 1 side.
Carvalho, 23, reportedly has a €45 million release clause in his contract with Sporting, a sum Monaco, who finished third in Ligue 1 last season, will not be paying.
"William Carvalho is already well thought of. Monaco won't make an investment of that kind this season to strengthen the team," said Portuguese coach Jardim to Record.
- Transfer Talk: Daily roundup | Done deals
- Juventus reject Barcelona €80m Pogba bid
- RVP sale on the cards 'as early as January'
- Cech signing a 'big problem' for Szczesny
- Smith: Invest in defenders | Jolly: Stars free in 2016
- Horncastle: Explaining Serie A's big summer spend
- Top 10 Prem done deals | Europe's top 5 transfers
- FC TV: Barca 'invincible' with Pogba? | Nani's decline
- Marcotti's transfer grades: Part one | Part two