Danny Welbeck's transfer from Manchester United to Arsenal this summer proved to be a controversial topic at Old Trafford. On the pitch, Welbeck is an unusual player who divides opinion, but his departure seemed more significant in a symbolic sense.
Gary Neville, for example, admitted he was "struggling to understand the logic behind the deal in two or three ways," but many United supporters countered that Welbeck was merely a fourth-choice striker. Behind double Golden Boot-winner Robin van Persie,...
Wolfsburg are the latest Bundesliga club set to pass on the chance of signing Lukas Podolski, while the club's sporting executive Klaus Allofs says Bayern Munich's Xherdan Shaqiri does not fit into the team's plans.
Podolski, 29, has been linked with a move away from Arsenal during the winter, and voiced his discontent with a lack of playing time at the Premier League club during the recent international break.
The Germany international will seek talks with Arsene Wenger, and was backed by national...
Olivier Giroud is available for Arsenal's Premier League clash against Manchester United on Saturday, Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed.
Giroud, 28, has not played since Aug. 23 when he suffered a fractured tibia in the 2-2 draw at Everton.
The striker was initially not expected to be back until near the end of the year, but after resuming training earlier this month he could now feature at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday.
Arsenal vs. Manchester United
- 50-50 Challenge: Man Utd vs. Arsenal
- Cross: Welbeck out to prove point
- Welbeck: I was right to leave United
- Shaw: We must step up at the Emirates
- Payne: Man United and Arsenal seek form
- Patterson: Blind injury is yet another setback
- Delaney: Man Utd vs. Arsenal (1997-2005)
Club captain Mikel Arteta is also on the verge of returning to...
Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker has confirmed both he and Mesut Ozil spoke to Sami Khedira this summer about the possibility of the Real Madrid midfielder joining the Gunners.
Khedira, 27, was linked with a move to Arsene Wenger's side after winning the 2014 World Cup with Germany in Brazil alongside Mertesacker and Ozil, though a deal failed to materialise.
- Macintosh: Is it easy to manage Arsenal?
WATCH: Injuries overshadow United clash
- Cross: Welbeck out to prove point to Utd
- Arsenal/Utd swap right choice - Welbeck
- Wilshere: Tracking Rooney key to victory
- Wenger 'denied Wilshere holding role'
- Arsenal stars 'tried to persuade Khedira'
Reports in Spain suggest the midfielder has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Bayern Munich, but Mertesacker is always open to more...