Premier League champions Chelsea and their London rivals Arsenal have been fined £40,000 and £30,000 respectively and warned as to their future conduct after failing to control their players during their derby clash on Sept. 19.
Arsenal defender Gabriel was sent off in the 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge for his angry reaction toward Diego Costa following the Chelsea striker's clash with Gunners centre-back Laurent Koscielny.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- Cox: Klopp is good for Liverpool | Jolly: Chelsea woes | Quiz
- McIntyre: Klinsmann's test | Marshall: Mexico chaos | Picks
- Hunter: Areas to fix for Barca | Marcotti: Mancini's big plan
- FC TV: Power Rankings | Tension in Madrid? | Prem top four
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Gabriel had the red card overturned on appeal, but Costa was retrospectively...