Leicester City may now be favourites to secure a shock Premier League title success but the Foxes cannot rest on their laurels.
The gap of six points separating the top four in the table would be the smallest in the competition's history should it remain unchanged, with Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester City also eyeing the top prize.
Claudio Ranieri's Leicester have lost just twice this season and are five points clear at the summit -- but face a tricky trip to the third-placed Gunners on Sunday.
Leicester are top of the Premier League by five points, but their players cost significantly less than those around them in the title race. Given that Eliaquim Mangala alone set Manchester City back £42 million, we wondered how the Foxes' squad stacks up.
It turns out that Claudio Ranieri's side cost just under eight times as much as Manuel Pellegrini's -- and three times less than Spurs! Here are the numbers:
Kasper Schmeichel - £2m
Danny Simpson - £2m
Here are the top stories from Monday:
- Lionel Messi has not been ruled out of Wednesday's Copa del Rey trip to Valencia by Barcelona coach Luis Enrique but the Blaugrana superstar looks likely to be rested after undergoing a procedure to treat kidney stones.
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil has said it will be "incredibly difficult to stop" Premier League leaders Leicester City when the two sides meet this weekend.
Leicester claimed a thrilling 3-1 win at Manchester City on Saturday to extend their lead over Arsenal and Tottenham to five points.
The Foxes travel to Arsenal this Sunday and Ozil is wary of their opponents' quality ahead of a key game in the title race.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti: Believe in Leicester, Barca win ugly, Serie A drama
- Miller: Leicester heroes' rise | Why Liverpool fans left Anfield
- Evans: Man United's turmoil | Zouma setback | Power Ranks
- Corrigan: Torres hits 100 | Messi vs. Ronaldo | Super Bowl
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | U.S.' friendly wins
- FC TV: Leicester keep it simple | Defining month for Arsenal
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"It'll be incredibly difficult to stop them. They were up 3-0 at Manchester City after...