Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will look to strengthen his side's defensive midfield options when the January transfer window opens.
Wenger, who is without Francis Coquelin for three months after he suffered a knee injury in the 2-1 loss to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, said the Gunners were "in a position where we want to do something."
Jack Wilshere, Tomas Rosicky and Mikel Arteta are also out with injuries, and Wenger told a news conference: "If I find the right quality [of player], I will...
Arsenal will monitor the fitness of Alexis Sanchez to play at Norwich on Sunday after he suffered a hamstring strain in Tuesday's Champions League win over Dinamo Zagreb.
Sanchez, who scored twice to set up a winner takes all final group game against Olympiakos, may now miss out against the East Anglians.
Manager Arsene Wenger, who has both Aaron Ramsey and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain fit to play again, could decide to omit him if there are any doubts over his fitness.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Jolly: Man Utd nearing exit | Shaw: Hard to watch | Ratings
- Madrid Ratings: Ronaldo finds form | Real still a top team?
- Rzouki: Juve jumpstart | Man City ratings | Ibra goes home
- Macintosh: Arsenal have hope | Sanchez and Ozil top ratings
- Corrigan: Complete Barca | Johnson: How teams can qualify
- FC TV: Barca the best | Pellegrini's problem | Man Utd to lose
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
But he told a news conference:...
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has said he would like Olympiakos, rather than Arsenal, to progress from their Champions League group because he is friends with their coach Marco Silva.
That has created what Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech called "a playoff" in Athens on Dec. 8, but Mourinho said he would like Olympiakos...