Olivier Giroud believes Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema would have been an ideal signing for Arsenal.
Benzema, 27, was linked with a move to the Gunners for much of the summer, only to then dismiss the speculation and commit himself to Madrid last week.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has not ruled out bringing in new signings before the transfer window closes, and Giroud, 28, is hopeful that the club's attacking options will be bolstered.
- De Gea transfer stalls at deadline? | Twitter reaction
- Martial to join Man United | Leverkusen signs Chicharito
- Draxler completes move to Wolfsburg | Dante too
- Januzaj joins Dortmund on loan | Chelsea in for Djilobodji
- Marcotti: FIFA's TMS a good step towards accountability
- Miller: Premier League's transfer needs | Deadline Day
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"It is true that every year here there is speculation about...
It was kind of Theo Walcott to make the point so eloquently and equally kind of Olivier Giroud to really drive it home. If nothing else, Arsenal's 1-0 win over Newcastle on Saturday proved beyond any reasonable doubt that Arsene Wenger must use what little time he has remaining in the transfer window to obtain a new striker, if it is not too late already.
It wasn't the strikers' glaring misses that confirmed the suspicions of most Arsenal watchers regarding the need for improvement up front, but...
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey insists that it is too early to judge teams in the Premier League as he hit back at recent criticism from former Manchester United defender Gary Neville.
Arsenal's slow start to the season -- as they took seven points from four games -- has been criticised in the media but, after a morale-boosting 1-0 win over 10-man Newcastle this weekend, Ramsey believes that the early games do not offer a true reflection of how the table will look at the end of the season.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Macintosh: Premier League upsets dominate | Rooney poor
- Miller: Transfer needs for Prem Lge | De Bruyne joins City
- Corrigan: Bale and James star for Real Madrid | Ratings
- Delaney: Mou shoulders blame for Chelsea | Fabregas woe
- Di Maria shines in PSG debut | Serie A: Roma beat Juve
- Premier League highlights (U.S.) | TOTW | MLS highlights
- ESPN FC TV: Can Man City be caught? | Utd want Martial?
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | ESPN FC TV | Fantasy | FC Podcast