Arsenal could turn to Calum Chambers to aid their injury crisis after he was used in a defensive midfield role for Arsenal's under-21 side on Monday night.
Chambers, 20, has been used as a right-back and centre-back since arriving at the club from Southampton for £16 million in the summer of 2014.
Manager Arsene Wenger views the England international as a central defender, but with injuries to Francis Coquelin, Santi Cazorla and club captain Mikel Arteta, Chambers could get a chance...
December is here, and once again we've had a weekend where Arsenal picked up more injuries than points. But is it really the nightmare before Christmas for Arsene Wenger?
The answer most people would give is a resounding yes, but while it's very easy to label Arsenal as the league's crock club, are the injuries really indicative of this?
The stats certainly don't come to that conclusion as we see a completely different picture. This is something Wenger may be keen to convey to concerned fans.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Unlikely Prem top scorers | Darke: Newcastle, Villa woe
- Hunter: Cost of Barca's success | Horncastle: Napoli dream
- Marcotti's Musings | Miller: Prem lacking | Evans on Wenger
- Mitten: Schweinsteiger's still got "it" | Klopp faces dilemma
- FC TV: Costa or De Bruyne? | Boiling Point | MLS Cup picks
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS