December is here, and once again we've had a weekend where Arsenal picked up more injuries than points. But is it really the nightmare before Christmas for Arsene Wenger?
The answer most people would give is a resounding yes, but while it's very easy to label Arsenal as the league's crock club, are the injuries really indicative of this?
The stats certainly don't come to that conclusion as we see a completely different picture. This is something Wenger may be keen to convey to concerned fans.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Unlikely Prem top scorers | Darke: Newcastle, Villa woe
- Hunter: Cost of Barca's success | Horncastle: Napoli dream
- Marcotti's Musings | Miller: Prem lacking | Evans on Wenger
- Mitten: Schweinsteiger's still got "it" | Klopp faces dilemma
- FC TV: Costa or De Bruyne? | Boiling Point | MLS Cup picks
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
How could Arsene Wenger be so stupid? As Alexis Sanchez hobbled down the tunnel at Carrow Road on Sunday, any optimism surrounding Arsenal's prospects for the season seemed to disappear with him.
Sanchez suffered a hamstring injury during the 1-1 draw with Norwich City and faces a layoff at a crucial point in the season. The forward is unlikely to be fit for next week's Champions League Group F match against Olympiakos, a game Arsenal need to win by two goals to qualify for the knockout phase of...