Arsene Wenger stands by his decision not to buy a defensive midfielder and launched a stinging attack on former professionals working in the media.
Wenger's criticism comes in the wake of Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville calling the Arsenal manager "arrogant and naive" following what he has deemed as a failure to find a replacement for Patrick Vieira.
Wenger brushed off Neville's criticism after his side's goalless draw against Liverpool at the Emirates Stadium on Monday night.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Okwonga: United ratings vs. Brugge | Rooney answers critics
- Honigstein: The De Bruyne saga | Prem spending madness
- Cox: Arsenal have balance issues | Evans: Wenger malaise
- Marcotti: FIFA reformer's unfortunate comments | Musings
- Hunter: Pressure on Real Madrid | Burley on Madrid 'crisis'
- Prem highlights (U.S.) | Premier League in 90 seconds
- ESPN FC TV: United need signings | Sterling or Depay?
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | ESPN FC TV | Fantasy | FC Podcast
But speaking ahead...