Radamel Falcao out, Pato and Miazga in Chelsea Champions League squad
Chelsea striker Radamel Falcao has been left out of the squad for the knockout stages of the Champions League, but new signings Alexandre Pato and Matt Miazga are included.
Falcao, who has suffered injuries and a lack of form since his arrival on loan from Monaco in the summer, has scored only once for the Blues in the Premier League.
Injury problems mean he has not played since October so interim manager Guus Hiddink has instead decided to opt for Pato, who joined the Blues on loan from Corinthians until the end of the season, in his 22-man squad.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
And the Brazilian told the club's official website: "I know I only have a few months until the end of the season -- but what I can promise is that I am prepared to do my best, and I am prepared to play to the best of my ability to help during the few months left of the campaign."
Hiddink has also included Miazga, the 20-year-old U.S. defender who was a surprise window signing from MLS club New York Red Bulls.
The only other change sees Ramires out of the squad following his move to Jiangsu Suning.
The Blues take on Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League round of 16, with the first leg being played in the French capital later this month.