Chelsea midfielder Oscar downplays Diego Costa training-ground clash talk
Oscar has played down reports of a training-ground fracas with Chelsea teammate Diego Costa on Thursday.
Costa and Oscar had to be separated by teammates after the Spain international reacted angrily to a tackle from his fellow Brazilian during an intense training session, but no punches were thrown before the players were pulled apart.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The situation was quickly resolved and even became the subject of jokes among the players as they left the training pitch.
The incident was laughed off afterwards and Oscar referenced it himself on Twitter, writing: "Those who are saying me and Diego Costa fought today in training are lying, he's one of my best friends and we would never fight."
Pra quem está falando que eu e o @diegocosta brigamos hoje no treino está mentindo,Ele é um dos meus melhores amigos e jamais iríamos brigar- Oscar (@oscar8) January 7, 2016
The club also downplayed the incident, which happened as the club prepare for their FA Cup third-round tie with Scunthorpe at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Both Costa and Oscar scored in Sunday's 3-0 over Crystal Palace, with the Spain striker setting up the Brazil international for the opening goal at Selhurst Park.