Chelsea's Falcao flew to Monaco for physical evaluation - sources
Radamel Falcao flew to Monaco on Tuesday amid speculation that his loan spell at Chelsea could be terminated in January, sources have told ESPN FC.
The Colombia international took advantage of the two-day break afforded to the entire Chelsea squad following Sunday's Premier League victory over Crystal Palace to return to his parent club for assessment of his physical condition.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Chelsea sources insist there was nothing unusual about the trip and Falcao was back at Cobham on Thursday as he continues his rehabilitation from a persistent thigh injury, but this latest development will only fuel speculation that the 29-year-old could be set to cut short a torrid six-month loan spell at Stamford Bridge.
Last month interim manager Guus Hiddink revealed that Falcao had suffered a setback in his recovery from what former boss Jose Mourinho called "an important muscular injury" sustained back in October, and the Colombian has scored just once in 11 appearances for Chelsea in all competitions.
Meanwhile, Oscar has played down reports of a training-ground fracas with teammate Diego Costa on Thursday.