Ilkay Gundogan signs extension, commits to Dortmund until 2017
Ilkay Gundogan is staying put at Borussia Dortmund.
The club announced on Wednesday the German international midfielder has signed a contract extension that will keep him at the club until 2017.
Gundogan originally joined the club from FC Nurnberg in the winter of 2009.
The 24-year-old has made 117 appearances with Dortmund, scoring 12 goals and providing 14 assists for the club.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Borussia Dortmund renewed Gundogan's contract in 2014 when it was uncertain if he would fully recover from the back injury that sidelined him for 14 months.
Gundogan had been linked with Barcelona, Manchester United, Juventus and Bayern Munich earlier this summer.