BVB tire of Bayern's Reus remarks
Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has told Bild he has grown tired of the "party game" as Bayern Munich officials continue to make remarks about Marco Reus.
Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has made several comments about Reus this summer, refusing to rule out a move for the player and telling ESPN FC that the Germany international has a release clause in his contract that can be activated for 25 million euros next summer.
BVB sporting director Michael Zorc subsequently told Sport1 he would like to see Rummenigge "keep his mouth shut for once" but Bayern counterpart Matthias Sammer responded: "We will not allow anyone to forbid us to speak."
Bayern honorary president Franz Beckenbauer is the latest to comment on the situation, writing in Bild that Dortmund would "hardly be able to keep him" after this season, with several elite European clubs likely to make a bid next summer.
Asked about the latest remarks, Watzke said: "It's a nice party game -- everyone has his say. It sucks, but by now everyone should have had his say."
Former Bayern midfielder Didier Hamann, who will be working as a pundit for Sky Deutschland in the upcoming season, believes it is wrong for the Bundesliga champions to comment on Reus' contractual situation.
"It's not right that a club discusses release clauses from another club," he said in quotes reported by Merkur Online. "That's a discussion Dortmund don't need. Bayern don't care, but it leads to bad blood. You should treat each other with more respect."
There had been speculation in Suddeutsche Zeitung last week that Bayern's media campaign may have been prompted by Reus rejecting their advances, and Ruhr Nachrichten journalist Matthias Dersch told ESPN FC on Monday: "According to my sources, Marco Reus turned down an enquiry from FC Bayern this summer."
Dortmund have said they remain relaxed about the Reus situation and hope the 25-year-old will commit to a new deal with his hometown club.