Serbia received tougher sanctions than Albania when UEFA punished the Balkan rivals on Friday for the on-field violence sparked by a banner being flown by a drone over the stadium.
The European Championship qualifier in Belgrade was abandoned last week after an Albanian nationalist banner was flown in by a remote-controlled device, sparking fighting among players and fans.
SERBIA VS. ALBANIA VIOLENCE
- Marcotti: Football no stand-in for political battles
- WATCH: Drone flying flag over match sparks row
- Ames: Serbia, Albania mess a sad reminder
- UEFA defends decision to play in Belgrade
- Serbia and Albania charged by UEFA after violence
- Background: Troubled history brought to the fore
Although the source of the banner remains unclear, UEFA ruled that Albania forfeited the Oct. 14 match because its players refused...