The international career of Josip Skoko lasted for a decade, from the heartbreak of two failed World Cup campaigns to the emergence of Australia's Golden Generation at Germany 2006 and beyond.
He played in the English Premier League as well as the top flight in Croatia, Belgium and Turkey and ended his career in the A-League as Melbourne Heart's inaugural marquee player in 2010-11.
MORE FROM THE A-LEAGUE
- Season Preview: Melbourne Victory the team to beat
- A-League launches amid good growth figures
- Aloisi assures Roar fans that Brisbane are title contenders
- FFA Cup: Covic shines as Perth Glory knock WSW out
- Archie Thompson likely to return before the end of the year
- Best Socceroos XI: Kewell | Wilkshire | Skoko
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast
He earned 51 international caps between 1997 and 2007 and scored nine goals, including a wonder-strike that gave...