Transfer Talk: Bale agent's talk has Premier League clubs on alert
The transfer window for Europe's biggest clubs is closed, but click here for all the deals, and keep track of who has joined the big boys. Transfer Talk will continue to scour the world's media and set correspondents loose to see what's on the agenda for the summer.
TOP STORY: Bale agent has English clubs on red alert
Gareth Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has left English clubs dreaming of the prospect of landing the Wales international after telling ESPN FC that Real Madrid fans are "a disgrace" for jeering his client.
Bale was booed off at the Bernabeu on Saturday as Madridy lost to Barcelona for the second time in quick succession and Barnett's comments, in which he said Real fans "should be ashamed of themselves," will only intensify speculation about the winger's future.
Tottenham, Manchester United and Chelsea have all been linked with Bale in recent months, and some reports suggest he could yet decide to start afresh.
However, the Sun reports that he will not return to the Premier League because no club can afford his £650,000-a-week wages.
22.55 GMT: That brings to an end Tuesday's live edition of Transfer Talk. Thanks very much for joining us, and be sure to check back in a few short hours when we return with the latest rumours pulled from Wednesday's back pages.
21.38 GMT: Inter have made Porto striker Yacine Brahimi a pre-contract offer, Calciomercato cites France Football as reporting, with the 29-year-old Algeria international out of contract in the summer and expected to leave the Portuguese giants.
19.01 GMT: Schalke are hoping to pry Taiwo Awoniyi from Liverpool in a €15m deal after the 21-year-old has impressed on loan at Belgian side Mouscron, according to the Liverpool Echo.
17.24 GMT: The Metro reports that Chelsea are in talks with Lille sporting director Luis Campos to take that position at Stamford Bridge, a seat that's been vacant since Michael Emenalo left the club in November of 2017.
15.47 GMT: How expensive might it be for Manchester City to sign Leicester's Ben Chilwell? Very, very expensive, according to the Telegraph, which says "it is likely to take a fee in excess of the £75m Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk last year -- a world record for a defender -- to persuade Leicester to come to the negotiating table" and talk about the England left-back.
15.09 GMT: Aston Villa seem set for a summer overhaul, and the Birmingham Mail reports that manager Dean Smith wants to make Queens Park Rangers defender Toni Leistner a part of that.
14.22 GMT: Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos is attracting attention, and Sky Sports News reports that he's being watching by Leicester and Dortmund.
The 22-year-old Colombian has netted 28 times this season and, despite signing a new four-year contract last September, could be on his way this summer.
13.16 GMT: Real Madrid midfielder Marco Asensio hasn't quite managed to fill the shoes of the departed Cristiano Ronaldo at the Bernabeu, so Tuttosport reckons he's ready to move to Turin to sit on the bench behind him again. Juventus have reportedly made contact with the 23-year-old.
12.41 GMT: Barcelona cancelled the contract of Sergi Samper last week and now the midfielder has explained his reasons for moving to Japan, where he will link up with former teammate Andres Iniesta.
Samper: I want to play again, I want to enjoy football again. [Vissel Kobe] gives me that chance. The club's owner explained an ambitious project to me, convincing me I'd be key. They want to play Barça's style. [Iniesta] called me to convince me, too.— Samuel Marsden (@samuelmarsden) March 5, 2019
12.15 GMT: Transfer news of sorts... Declan Rice is on course to be named in the England squad for this month's Euro 2020 qualifiers, with the West Ham midfielder's international clearance confirmed by FIFA on Tuesday, meaning he can switch from Ireland to England.
11.40 GMT: The City Football Group, the parent company of Premier League champions Manchester City, has laid out plans to add a team in India by the end of 2019. How will an Indian club seek to benefit from this association? Debayan Sen explains.
11.22 GMT: Bayern Munich winger Serge Gnabry has signed a three-year contract extension that will keep him with the German champions until 2023.
The 23-year-old Germany international, who spent last season on loan at Hoffenheim after joining Bayern, is enjoying a fine first campaign in Munich, having scored six league goals and set up two.
"Serge is one of our young, wild ones and an important part of the future FC Bayern," sports director Hasan Salihamidzic said. "We are convinced that we will have a lot of fun in the future with him."
10.55 GMT: Atletico Madrid have stepped up interest in Porto defender Alex Telles to replace Filipe Luis, whose contract expires at the end of the season. AS claims Telles has a €40m release clause, so at least Atletico know how much they will need to spend.
10.31 GMT: AS reports that Juventus are leading the race for coveted youngster Joao Felix.
Felix, 19, was promoted to Benfica's first team at the start of the season and has been compared to Cristiano Ronaldo. Sources have told ESPN that Real Madrid and Manchester United are tracking the attacking midfielder, but evidently Juve are keen to pair the 'new Ronaldo' with the actual Ronaldo for a season or two.
09.57 GMT: Who will become the first £100m English footballer? Well, the Daily Telegraph reckons Manchester United are "ready to battle Paris St-Germain for Jadon Sancho in a tug-of-war."
Sancho seems to be the top target for both now, having joined Dortmund from Man City for around £8m in summer 2017. But if United land him, the paper claims "any move for the teenage England winger would raise fresh doubts over the future of Alexis Sanchez."
09.02 GMT: Giovani dos Santos' contract with the LA Galaxy was bought out last week, but the former Barcelona and Tottenham forward won't be heading to Liga MX and sources close to the player have told ESPN he could move to China.
08.30 GMT: Italian outlet Calciomercato says Arsenal have expressed a firm interest in Roma youngster Cengiz Under, with scouts ready to watch the forward for the second time later this month.
Under has a contract until 2022 with Roma pretty firm on their price for the 22-year-old Turkey international of €30m. Over to you, Arsenal.
PAPER TALK (By Nick Judd)
Rodgers will have to break record to land Tielemans
Monaco are believed to have asked for £40 million for the Belgian, a fee that would shatter the £28m Leicester spent on striker Islam Slimani.
Rodgers, however, may feel he can get a better deal if he can tempt the French club into taking Silva on a permanent basis.
Juventus hold the Kai to signing Havertz?
Havertz has scored 12 goals this season, attracting the attention of Europe's biggest clubs. Arsenal have reportedly been watching the 19-year-old with a view to him replacing Mesut Ozil, but face competition from Juventus and Bayern Munich.
Havertz is in his third season in the Leverkusen first team and has excelled since his move from the centre of midfield to a more attacking role. He was recently described by national team coach Joachim Low as one of the "most talented players in Germany."
The 24-year-old joined the German club on a season-long loan in the summer and now the Bundesliga side are looking to make the move permanent.
The 24-year-old said he felt it was Chelsea's decision to let him go on loan, not Maurizio Sarri's, but says he's now happy at the San Siro.
- Tottenham are eyeing a move for Notts County youngster Kion Etete after he scored twice in a trial match against West Ham United at the weekend, the Daily Mail reports.