Transfer Talk: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid ready to fight for Chelsea's Marcos Alonso
The English transfer window is closed, but the rest of Europe is still open for business, and Transfer Talk has the latest rumours making the rounds. Follow along with our daily blog throughout the summer.
Madrid rivals to fight for Chelsea's Alonso
Real and Atletico Madrid are set to battle for the signature of Chelsea full-back Marcos Alonso before the Spanish transfer window closes on Aug. 31.
AS reports that Chelsea have not put a price tag on Alonso, 27, but he could be available for around €30 million.
Alonso has carved out a reputation as one of the best left-backs in Europe since joining Chelsea from Fiorentina in 2016.
He came through the ranks at Real Madrid's academy before moving to Bolton in 2010, and Real could attempt to lure him back to the Bernabeu before deadline day.
Meanwhile, Atletico are also looking for a left-back, with Filipe Luis having asked the club to let him go to Paris Saint-Germain.
PSG eye Barcelona midfield swoop
PSG are in the market for a Barcelona midfielder, with Ivan Rakitic or Sergio Busquets in their sights, Sport reports.
PSG have been linked with Manchester United's Paul Pogba and Chelsea's N'Golo Kante in recent weeks but have turned their focus to the Camp Nou duo since the English window closed.
The Ligue 1 champions have asked about the availability of Busquets and Rakitic -- but Barca do not want to part with either, having agreed a new deal with Busquets and seen Rakitic sign fresh terms last year.
Reports say Busquets will have a release clause of almost £180m in his contract, while PSG would have to pay some £112m to have a chance of signing Rakitic.
Dortmund target Barca's Alcacer
Borussia Dortmund have made Barcelona forward Paco Alcacer "their No. 1 priority," according to L'Equipe.
It reports that Alcacer, who joined from Valencia in 2016, is on top of Lucien Favre's list with 18-year-old Alexander Isak the only main striker in his team.
Earlier reports in Mundo Deportivo suggested Alcacer is not in manager Ernesto Valverde's plans.
The striker was not included in Barcelona's first La Liga squad, and has attracted interest from league rivals Betis and Alaves.
Chelsea's Loftus-Cheek considering another loan spell
Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek could be tempted to go out on loan again after being left out of the squad for the home win over Arsenal -- but the Blues want him to battle for a place, according to the Telegraph.
England international Loftus-Cheek, who spent last season at Crystal Palace, "would be open to moving abroad if Chelsea agreed to loan him out for a second campaign," with clubs in France, Germany and Spain able to sign players until the end of this month.
But the Telegraph says Chelsea believe the 22-year-old, under contract until 2021, should "fight for his place at least until January," when the winter window opens and his situation can be evaluated.
It adds that the club's coaches feel Loftus-Cheek can force his way into coach Maurizio Sarri's plans, but the player fears he could lose his place in the England squad if he waits too long.
Boro close in on Everton double deal
Why bring in one Everton player when you could sign two? Middlesbrough, early leaders in the Championship, are close to loan agreements for winger Yannick Bolasie and midfielder Mo Besic, the Guardian reports.
Bolasi, who cost Everton £25 million when he joined from Crystal Palace two years ago, is being allowed to move after an injury-disrupted stint at Goodison Park and has held talks with Middlesbrough boss Tony Pulis.
The Guardian says the terms of his switch to the Riverside Stadium could include provision for a permanent deal if Boro win promotion.
Meanwhile, a loan for Besic -- who was close to joining on a full-time basis earlier this summer -- is expected to be finalised soon.
- Tottenham's United States international Cameron Carter-Vickers could be in line for a season-long loan to Swansea, according to TalkSport.
The 20-year-old had hoped to stay with Spurs for the Premier League campaign, but could return to the Championship to gain more playing time.
- Arsenal could move for teenage Russian defender Igor Diveev after watching him at the COTIF youth tournament in Spain, according to the Mirror.
Centre-half Diveev, 18, who plays for Russian club FC Ufa and is seen as one of the country's most promising young players, was reportedly watched by Gunners head of recruitment Sven Mislintat.
- Stoke manager Gary Rowett has tabled a £6.5 million offer for Brentford midfielder Ryan Woods, linked with Swansea earlier in the summer.