Transfer Talk: Spurs plot £100m-plus bid for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Ciro Immobile
Clubs are slowly turning their eyes toward the summer window. Transfer Talk has updates on all the latest rumours.
Spurs plot £100m-plus bid for Lazio duo
Tottenham are keen to spend more than £100 million on Lazio's star duo Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Ciro Immobile to boost their hopes of challenging for the title, according to the Mirror.
The reports states that Mauricio Pochettino will raise funds by selling Danny Rose, Mousa Dembele, Toby Alderweireld and Victor Wanyama.
Milinkovic-Savic could cost close to £100m alone after emerging as one of the finest centre-midfielders in Europe. Immobile, meanwhile, would offer quality cover for Harry Kane and a viable tactical option of fielding two strikers after bagging 67 goals in two seasons, including 41 this season.
Chelsea eye Alderweireld swoop
Chelsea could take advantage of Tottenham's potential sales this summer by moving for Toby Alderweireld, the Sun writes.
The 29-year-old is valued at £45m and is reportedly likely to be sold having failed to agree on a new deal.
The Belgian has one year remaining on his contract, although Spurs could activate a one-year extension, but it's said that will trigger a £25m buyout clause, meaning this summer will likely offer the biggest return.
The two clubs have a hostile relationship, though, making the prospect of any deal more problematic and Alderweireld potentially more likely to move to Manchester United or Manchester City instead.
Gerrard agrees Rangers deal
Steven Gerrard has accepted the Rangers manager's job, reports the Mirror, with the Liverpool academy coach set to take the plunge into senior management.
The Reds hero is attracted by the prospect of going head to head with former boss and Celtic chief Brendan Rodgers.
The 37-year-old will bring former teammate and Scotland international Gary McAllister with him to Ibrox.
The Gers have made Gerrard their No. 1 choice as they bid to compete again with their bitter Old Firm rivals after what will likely be seven consecutive titles for the Bhoys.
- Arsenal are tracking Swiss starlet Djibril Sow, according to the Mirror. The 21-year-old has impressed for Young Boys this campaign, with chief scout Sven Mislintat following his progress at Borussia Monchengladbach prior to returning to his home country.
- A fire sale will take place at Stoke City if they are relegated from the Premier League, writes the Mail. Jack Butland, Joe Allen, Xherdan Shaqiri and Badou Ndiaye will be among the biggest departures, though up to 12 players could leave in total.
- Arsenal will move for Borussia Dortmund defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos this summer with a £17.5m offer for the Greek international being prepared, reports Bild. The German report states that Manchester United, Chelsea and Juventus are also keen on the 29-year-old.
- Liverpool will attempt to ward off any growing interest from Real Madrid in superstar Mohamed Salah by tying the Egyptian down to a new contract on improved terms worth £185,000 per week, claims the Sun. That would more than double the 25-year-old's existing £90,000-a-week deal, but the Reds are prepared to reward him after his 43-goal season under Jurgen Klopp and will resist any offers, even with the potential of quadrupling their £34.3m outlay to Roma from a year ago.
- Napoli are looking at signing Manchester City duo Claudio Bravo and Oleksandr Zinchenko, according to the Metro. Pepe Reina is expected to leave, while competition could be fierce for Bernd Leno at Bayer Leverkusen, meaning the Chilean could prove to be a viable solution. While Zinchenko, who has predominantly played out of position under Pep Guardiola at left-back, would receive more opportunities in terms of minutes and his natural role further forward in midfield.
The deals could act as a sweetener for the Partenopei to relinquish Jorginho, who is reportedly one of Guardiola's top targets this summer.