Transfer Talk: Anthony Martial ready to quit Man United as Paul Pogba cools exit talk
Clubs are slowly turning their eyes toward the summer window. Transfer Talk has the updates on all the latest rumours.
Mourinho ready to sell Martial
Anthony Martial's days at Manchester United could be numbered, with the Sunday Times reporting that Jose Mourinho will not stand in the forward's way if he wants to quit Old Trafford.
Martial has struggled to force his way into Mourinho's first XI on a regular basis this season, starting just 17 matches despite a healthy return of nine goals and five assists. That has led to speculation that the Frenchman's agent is hawking his client to Europe's biggest clubs, with the Times writing that Mourinho is "aware" of the situation.
Meanwhile, the Sun reports the United boss isn't looking to splash the cash in the summer.
Instead, Mourinho will look to fine-tune his squad, focusing on finding replacements for Michael Carrick and the out-of-contract Marouane Fellaini.
Pogba dismisses exit talk
Martial might be set to depart United at the end of the season, but Paul Pogba now appears likely to prolong his stay at Old Trafford.
The midfielder impressed in United's FA Cup semifinal victory over Tottenham before discussing his future with French TV show Canal Football Club, as reported by the Daily Mirror.
Asked whether he was looking for a move at the end of the season, Pogba responded: "For now I'm at Manchester United, I really only think about the present. Transfers are not in my head."
The 25-year-old also played down talk of a strained relationship with Mourinho, saying he "doesn't have any problem" with the United boss.
Chase on for Kurzawa
Premier League trio Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester United are tracking Paris Saint-Germain full-back Layvin Kurzawa with a view to making a move for the 25-year-old in the summer.
According to the Daily Mirror, Kurzawa is no longer wanted by PSG as the newly crowned French champions look to sell players before pushing ahead with new signings.
Both United and Spurs need new left-backs given the uncertainty surrounding the futures of Luke Shaw and Danny Rose, while Chelsea are close to finally giving up their pursuit of Juventus left-back Alex Sandro.
That has seen the Blues turn to Kurzawa, along with their Premier League rivals, as the France international eyes an end to his three-year spell at the Parc des Princes.
- Spurs want to sign Man United shotstopper Sam Johnstone on a free transfer, writes the Daily Mirror. The 25-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and has impressed on loan to Aston Villa this year.
- Meanwhile, teenage Arsenal keeper Arthur Okonkwo is a target for RB Leipzig and Celtic, reports the Mirror. The highly rated England under-17 international is yet to agree terms on his first professional contract, which he can sign when he turns 17 in September.
- According to the Daily Mail, Watford are lining up a bid for Lyon centre-back Mouctar Diakhaby. The 21-year-old is also wanted by Chelsea and Manchester City but may be tempted by the offer of first-team football at Vicarage Road.
- Julian Nagelsmann has distanced himself from speculation linking him with a move to Arsenal or Chelsea, reports the Daily Star. The Hoffenheim boss was previously tipped to join Bayern Munich before the Bundesliga champions opted to appoint Niko Kovac.
- Andres Iniesta says he will announce his plans for the future next week, according to Mundo Deportivo. The midfielder was in tears following Barcelona's Copa del Rey success and is expected to move to the Chinese Super League in the summer.
Matthew Stanger covers European football for ESPN and is the editor of The Set Pieces. Twitter: @MatthewStanger