Juventus renew Hector Bellerin pursuit as Arsenal malaise worsens
Clubs are slowly turning their eyes toward the summer window, and Transfer Talk has the updates on all the latest rumours.
Bellerin seeking Arsenal exit
The malaise has well and truly seeped into every corner of the dressing room at the Emirates after two embarrassing 3-0 defeats at the hands of Man City in one week and now it seems longtime right-bck Hector Bellerin is looking for the exits.
The Guardian reports that the Spain international, who has been left exposed at the back of Arsenal's defence as he tries to provide cover for his various back-line partners, could be headed for Juventus.
Bellerin as been pursued by Barcelona in the past and last summer the Old Lady saw a deadline day bid for the 22-year-old rejected. But this time, the outlet reports, "Juventus will push harder" knowing "it will take at least £45 million to give Arsenal a decision to make."
There genuinely seems to be no way for the team to course correct from their miserable season, and Bellerin, who is under contract until 2022, is even more anxious for a fresh start after seeing former teammates Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Alexis Sanchez make the most of their respective moves away from Arsenal.
Liverpool make contact with Jorginho
Liverpool have made contact with Napoli midfielder Jorginho, Brazilian outlet UOL Esporte reports.
The Reds are in search of a replacement for Emre Can, who is set to depart for Juventus on a free transfer this summer, and the 26-year-old seems to fit the bill.
However, the Brazilian-born Italy international won't make a decision on his future until after the season ends as his Napoli are in pursuit of their first Serie A title since 1990. Despite his contract running until 2020, the club could be ready to cash in this summer should Jorginho opt for Anfield.
Roma open talks with Fellaini
Out of contract in the summer and with a new deal at Manchester United appearing unlikely, Marouane Fellaini could make the move to the Italian capital this summer.
Corriere dello Sport writes that Roma sporting director Monchi has already begun talks with the 30-year-old midfielder. The Italian outlet reports that they'll face competition from Juventus and Inter, who are both hot on the trail of the Belgium international.
Monchi joined Roma in April of last year, making this his first summer window in which he's had ample time to prepare the club's transfer strategy, and he's identified Fellaini as one of his club's primary transfer targets.
- Calciomercato cites Corriere dello Sport as reporting that Lazio centre-back Stefan de Vrij has agreed personal terms with Inter with a view to joining the Nerazzurri on a free transfer this summer. The 26-year-old Netherlands international had reportedly rejected offers from Barcelona and Premier League clubs before deciding on his move to Milan.
- David Beckham says many players he knows from his career have already reached out to him to express interest in playing for his new Miami team.
The former Real Madrid, Manchester United, PSG and LA Galaxy star said: "I've been approached by many different players from many different teams I've played with or against, and there's interest there, but you can't really have those conversations yet until closer to next year."
- Jason Geria is set to depart A-League side Melbourne Victory to join up with JEF United in J2, according to the league's official website. The report says that a fee has been agreed between the two clubs for the 24-year-old, who made 130 first-team appearances for the Victory since joining in 2012.
- The Vancouver Whitecaps completed the loan signing of Crystal Palace midfielder Jordon Mutch on Friday.
Mutch will move to MLS on loan until the end of the season in December. He is already with his new club and could play as early as the season opener against Montreal on Sunday.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.