Mesut Ozil tells Arsenal teammates he's leaving for Manchester United
With the January window on the horizon, there's plenty brewing in the transfer market. All the latest deals and potential deals can be found here.
TOP STORY: Ozil says he's headed to Man United
The big news in today's gossip pages is that Mesut Ozil is planning to leave Arsenal for Manchester United either in January or when his contract expires at the end of the season.
According to the Daily Mirror, the 29-year-old is so confident the deal will happen that he's already told his Gunners teammates.
Ozil previously played under Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid before joining Arsenal in 2013, and it's believed the pair have remained on good terms.
The German could now be reunited with his former boss when the transfer window reopens after Arsene Wenger hinted that Arsenal are prepared to sell him midseason.
Barcelona eye Spurs duo and Martial
Barcelona are keeping a close eye on Tottenham pair Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen after watching them in action against Real Madrid on Tuesday, reports Mundo Deportivo.
The Catalan giants' sporting director, Robert Fernández, was in the crowd at the Santiago Bernabeu to see Kane and Eriksen help Mauricio Pochettino's side battle to a 1-1 draw.
Real Madrid are also chasing Kane, with talk of a £150 million move at the end of the season, while Barcelona apparently see Eriksen as an alternative to Philippe Coutinho, whom they failed to sign from Liverpool in the summer.
It has been a busy week for Fernández as Mundo Deportivo claims he was sent to check up on Anthony Martial in Manchester United's clash against Benfica on Wednesday.
The Barca supremo may feel it was a wasted journey, considering that Martial was left on the bench until the 76th minute when he replaced Marcus Rashford.
The 21-year-old has scored five goals and claimed four assists this season, with Arsenal also thought to be weighing up a £50m bid.
Bayern drop Lemar interest
Bayern Munich will give Arsenal and Liverpool a free run at Thomas Lemar after dropping their interest in the Monaco midfielder, reports Football.London.
The German champions have been scared off by the 21-year-old's €90m asking price and have decided to look at other options.
That leaves Arsenal and Liverpool to duke it out for Lemar's signature in January, although Monaco vice president Vadim Vasilyev has suggested that a deal is more likely to be struck after the World Cup.
Lemar is almost certain to be included in France's squad for Russia after staking his claim with a brace in August's 4-0 qualifying victory over the Netherlands.
- Liverpool will fight to keep James Milner at Anfield amid interest from a number of Premier League rivals, reports the Daily Mirror. The 31-year-old has started only three matches this season after losing his left-back spot to Alberto Moreno.
- Highly rated Borussia Dortmund youngster Julian Weigl is a target for Manchester City, Barcelona and Juventus, claims TalkSport. The 22-year-old midfielder has caught the eye with a string of impressive displays since breaking into Dortmund's first team.
- According to the Reading Chronicle, Jaap Stam is keeping tabs on Manchester United's James Wilson as he considers a January move for the striker. Wilson was briefly on loan to Championship side Derby last season but failed to score in four appearances.
- Radja Nainggolan has offered faint encouragement to Chelsea and Manchester United by hinting that he'd be interested in moving to the Premier League in the future, reports The Sun. The Belgium international midfielder praised the stadia and atmosphere in English football, but added: "At the moment my head is only at Roma."
- Inter Milan could try to tempt Manchester City starlet Brahim Diaz to the San Siro with the promise of first-team football, claims TalkSport. The 18-year-old has been tipped for a bright future under Pep Guardiola, who won't let him leave without a fight.
- Brest winger Lenny Pintor has made it onto the radars of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City with his dazzling performances this season, says The Sun. The 17-year-old has already been compared to Ousmane Dembele after starring for France at the Under-17 World Cup currently being held in India. At the moment Pintor has 439 followers on Twitter -- he can expect that to change pretty soon.
Matthew Stanger covers European football for ESPN and is the editor of The Set Pieces. Twitter: @MatthewStanger