Everton weigh Edinson Cavani move; Real Madrid looking to Julian Draxler
Deadline day has come and gone, and all the latest deals and potential deals can be found here, but there's plenty brewing in the market as clubs begin to look toward January.
Everton step up striker hunt with Cavani interest
Ronald Koeman has lined up two star strikers as he looks to solve Everton's goal-scoring woes.
The Toffees have scored just four times in the Premier League this season, with Koeman forced to turn to former outcast Oumar Niasse against Bournemouth last Saturday.
Although Niasse bagged both goals in a 2-1 victory, the Everton boss has big plans to revamp his forward line.
According to The Sun, Edinson Cavani leads the Dutchman's shortlist following his fall-out with Neymar at Paris Saint-Germain, while £20 million-rated Atletico Madrid striker Kevin Gameiro is also a target.
Everton tried to sign Diego Costa and Olivier Giroud over the summer, but despite being knocked back in those attempts, Koeman remains ambitious in his bid to strengthen his squad.
Real Madrid want Draxler
Arsenal could be set to miss out on long-term target Julian Draxler after the playmaker was linked with a January move to Real Madrid.
Arsene Wenger is known to be a keen admirer of Draxler's talent, and it had been suggested that the German could turn up at the Emirates Stadium as a replacement for contract rebels Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil.
However, Real Madrid have stolen a march on their rivals as TalkSport claim a £30m deal is on cards.
Draxler is desperate to make Germany's World Cup squad and is planning to leave Paris Saint-Germain after being pushed down the pecking order by the arrival of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.
Sanchez offered PSG sweetener
Manchester City have a real fight on their hands to persuade Alexis Sanchez to join them in January as Paris Saint-Germain step up their interest in the Arsenal forward.
Sanchez was close to joining City on deadline day but, after the transfer was scuppered, PSG have crept in with a tempting offer.
Chilean newspaper El Mercurio says the Ligue 1 giants will offer the 28-year-old a £9m advance on his signing-on fee, underlining just how eager they are to bring him to the Parc des Princes.
It's thought Sanchez is also demanding wages of £400,000 a week, which could prove too steep for City.
- Chelsea expect Eden Hazard to sign a new £300,000-a-week contract that will make him the highest-paid player in the Premier League. The Belgium international has previously been linked with Real Madrid, but The Sun claims talks over a new deal are at an advanced stage.
- Tottenham and West Ham are tracking the progress of Walsall youngster Mitch Candlin, reports The Sun. The 17-year-old forward made his debut in April and signed his first professional contract with the Saddlers last month.
- Former Borussia Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel has rejected the chance to replace Slaven Bilic at West Ham, reports the Mirror. The 44-year-old left Dortmund in May after winning the German Cup, but would prefer to wait for a better opportunity to return to management.
- Leeds have lined up a move for former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida, according to The Sun. The 27-year-old currently plays for Osasuna in Spain's Segunda Division.
- West Ham sent scouts to check up on William Carvalho in Sporting Lisbon's 1-1 draw at Moreirense over the weekend, says TalkSport. The Hammers have been involved in a public spat with Sporting after failing to agree a fee for the midfielder in the summer, but are apparently still keen to reopen negotiations.
Matthew Stanger covers European football for ESPN and is the editor of The Set Pieces. Twitter: @MatthewStanger