Man City to test Arsenal's resolve with £60m Alexis Sanchez bid
The football world is awash with gossip. Transfer Talk is monitoring the whispers ahead of all the summer moves. Check out the latest deals and potential deals here.
TOP STORY: City to table £60m offer for Sanchez
There are new favourites in the race to prise Alexis Sanchez away from Arsenal, according to the Telegraph.
It reports that Manchester City will bid around £60 million "to test Arsenal's resolve to keep Sanchez, with Pep Guardiola still desperate to add the forward to his squad."
Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has said he will not sell Sanchez, who is entering the final year of his contract, with the club determined that he will not join a Premier League rival.
But the Telegraph says "that will not stop City trying to tempt Arsenal before the end of this month," adding that they are prepared to offer the player around £400,000 a week.
23.20 BST: That will do it for our live Transfer Talk for today but check back in a few hours for the latest transfer links and rumours from around the football world plucked straight from Wednesday's papers. Have a good night all!
23.15 BST: We will leave you tonight with a late report from the Sun, which claim that Chelsea are preparing a £50 million bid for Tottenham full-back Danny Rose.
Rose has been a popular name in the transfer carousel this week after last week doing an interview with the Sun where he criticised Tottenham for a lack of activity in the transfer market and hinted at maybe leaving the club in the near future. Manchester United have been linked with a move for the speedy left-back but now Chelsea have reportedly entered the fray.
Rose's calculated comments last week have Spurs' supporters worried and added even more spice to what has already been quite the summer window.
23.08: BST: Having already made a whopping 10 signings this summer, AC Milan are reportedly not finished yet. Tuttosport is reporting that Milan have around €60-70 million still available to spend and are eyeing a double swoop to bolster their attack with Fiorentina's Nikola Kalinic and Ajax's Kasper Dolberg.
Milan have already signed Andre Silva and Fabio Borini but have made no secret that they are in the market for at least one forward with Torino's Andrea Belotti, Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Kalinic the three most common names linked.
Kalinic and Dolberg would bolster Milan and make them serious Serie A title contenders, as the Croatian is a proven goalscorer in Italy while the 19-year-old Dolberg is considered one of the brightest young talents in Europe and is coming off a 23-goal season in Holland.
22.55 BST: West Brom remain steadfast on their £25 million price tag for midfielder Nacer Chadli. Swansea are keen on the former Tottenham man and with Gylfi Sigurdsson one foot out the door, are desperate to bring in another creative playmaker in midfield.
22.45 BST: With Gylfi Sigurdsson edging ever closer to a move to Everton, talks for Everton's Ross Barkley should intensify -- despite the player picking up another injury. Chelsea and Tottenham have been the clubs linked the most with the talented midfielder but Everton have refused to sell the England international at a discount.
22.35 BST: PSG full-back Serge Aurier has reportedly agreed to personal terms with Tottenham Hotspur, according to French newspaper L'Equipe. It remains to be seen where the Ivorian will end up but it looks as if his days in Paris are numbered.
Aurier now has personal deals worked out with Tottenham, Juventus and Inter Milan and also has drawn interest from Manchester United and Chelsea.
22.15 BST: BT Sport commentator and Celtic legend Chris Sutton is confident that Manchester City youngster Patrick Roberts will return to Parkhead and sign for Celtic.
"I've had it on good authority that Patrick Roberts will sign for Celtic," said Sutton. "100%, the player wants to come, it's just dotting the i's and crossing the t's, so that would be huge news for Celtic."
Roberts played the last 18 months on loan for the Scottish treble winners and has been heavily-linked with a move back to Scotland this summer.
22.05 BST: Tottenham are still working on completing the signing of Ajax defender Davinson Sanchez and according to the Mirror, are hopeful that they can complete a deal by the end of the week. Spurs have yet to complete a signing during the summer window.
21.35 BST: Reports that Roma had given up on Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez may have been premature. Italian outlet Calcio Mercato is now reporting that the Giallorossi have submitted a new €38 million bid for the Algerian. Leicester have asked for at least €40m for the former Premier League Player of the Year.
21.09 BST: Burnley are determined to improve their goalscoring options after the sale of Andre Gray but the search is not going well.
According to the Mirror, the Clarets have bid £11.8m for Romania striker Florin Andone but Deportivo La Coruna have rejected the offer. This came after Leeds United rebuffed Burnley in a second bid for New Zealand international Chris Wood.
Time's running out to find a suitable replacement...
20.41 BST: Atletico Madrid no longer seem to want Luciano Vietto but where will he end up? Marca believe that Sampdoria and AS Monaco are interested in a permanent move for the 23-year-old striker, who spent last season on loan at Southampton, while Villarreal and Valencia would happily borrow the Argentina international for a year.
It seems like Atleti are looking for a sale rather than another loan, according to the Spanish press.
20.22 BST: Everton aren't too far shy of signing a full XI this summer and reports are heating up (via the BBC and other outlets) that they've agreed a deal for Swansea City playmaker and Iceland international Gylfi Sigurdsson for a fee in the region of €45m.
Read more here. Liverpool should ask them how they do it.
20.06 BST: Now this is a belter of a DONE DEAL in the Premier League...
Tony Pulis' bid to build the most formidable group of 30-somethings continues. We bet they'll still finish in the top 10...
19.47 BST: We're still waiting for the clubs to officially confirm but per Sky Sports, we have a DONE DEAL on the South Coast as Ivory Coast international and Bournemouth midfielder Max Gradel is heading to Toulouse on a season-long loan. Yes.
19.31 BST: Are Chelsea about to make a much-needed signing? Brazilian media report that Antonio Conte's side are looking to make another push for Juventus full-back Alex Sandro following Saturday's 3-2 home defeat to Burnley in the first game of the new season.
Chelsea had previously been unsuccessful with a bid but even €80m might not be enough to land the talented left-back.
Another one to watch, we suppose.
19.07 BST: With the proceeds from selling Neymar burning a hole in Barcelona's pockets, maybe they'll turn to Serie A for their next potential replacement?
The press in Italy reports that Barca had offered €60m for Napoli's star Lorenzo Insigne only for his current club to vehemently reject the offer. Insigne, 26, would be a closer fit for Barca given his versatility across the front three. It seems unlikely that another bid is forthcoming.
18.40 BST: Manchester United's hopes of signing Inter Milan's Ivan Perisic could soon evaporate altogether, with reports in Italy saying he is close to putting pen to paper on a new contract.
18.00 BST: DONE DEAL Having undergone a medical earlier in the day, Monaco's Gil Dias has joined Fiorentina on loan with an option to buy after two years.
17.20 BST: Spurs could reignite their interest in signing teenage Fulham star Ryan Sessegnon, who they considered bidding for in both last summer's and January's windows, Sky Sports reports. It says Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has "a long-standing admiration for the England youth player."
17.05 BST: Another potential Chelsea transfer target has emerged, says the Telegraph, which reports that the Premier League champions "have turned their attention to Southampton's Cedric Soares as they attempt to sign at least three new players before the transfer window closes."
16.55 BST: Norwich striker Nelson Oliveira has denied reports that he could be on his way to Championship rivals Wolves, saying he is focused only on playing for the Canaries.
16.45 BST: Dimitar Berbatov could link up again with former Fulham coach Rene Meulensteen and ex-Manchester United colleague Wes Brown by moving to Indian Super League side Kerala Blasters, Sky Sports reports.
16.30 BST: We all know now that Swansea boss Paul Clement feels he can't get going on incoming transfer business until the future of Gylfi Sigurdsson has been sorted out, but reports suggest that one of his first targets when that happens could be Nacer Chadli of West Bromwich Albion.
16.20 BST: Does this mean Leeds fans can sleep a little easier? Sky Sports reports that Burnley have offered €13m for Deportivo La Coruna striker Florin Andone after twice being rebuffed in their efforts to sign Chris Wood from the Elland Road club.
15.45 BST: The BBC reports that Hull City have turned down a £10m bid from Burnley for midfielder Sam Clucas, with the Clarets having also reportedly had an offer rejected earlier this month.
15.30 BST: Newcastle United could make a move for Bristol City defender Joe Bryan after losing Paul Dummett to injury, according to reports.
15.25 BST: DONE DEAL Crewe Alexandra have signed goalkeeper Will Jaaskelainen from Bolton Wanderers on a one-year contract. It's a free transfer move.
15.20 BST: Yassine El Ghanassy is poised to leave Oostende and join Ligue 1 side Nantes, La Derniere Heure reports. The former West Bromwich Albion man is likely to cost just over €1m, having arrived at the Belgian club on a free transfer 18 months ago.
15.15 BST: Could Jack Wilshere be joining John Terry at Aston Villa? The Mirror reports that Villa boss Steve Bruce "has made an ambitious move to lure the Arsenal midfielder to the Championship" and "is hoping a big contract and bonuses could tempt Wilshere," who spent last season on loan at Bournemouth and has been told he can leave the Emirates if the right offer arrives.
15.00 BST: DONE DEAL Derby County have been linked with a move for Leicester forward Tom Lawrence throughout the summer -- and now they have their man, signing the Wales international from Leicester for an undisclosed fee.
14.58 BST: Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has explained why they allowed Douglas Costa to join Juventus, telling Sky Germany: "He wanted more money after only a short time, although his performances weren't that good. We therefore let him leave according to the terms of Bayern." Full story here.
14.43 BST: Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman has denied having any contact with Juventus, saying: "I've not spoken with anybody -- I'm just thinking of Roma, training with my teammates and not having to reply to these rumours."
14.27 BST: Gianlucadimarzio.com says Villarreal have reached an agreement to sign AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca on loan.
14.23 BST: Hot on the heels of that Blaise Matuidi update, The Sun is claiming Juventus will make a £22.5 million bid for Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini if they fail to land the France international. They're hopeful Jose Mourinho will let him go after seeing Nemanja Matic make a positive early impression.
13.49 BST: Corriere dello Sport reports that Blaise Matuidi will finally leave PSG, with Juventus set to seal a €15m deal this week. They apparently turned to the France international because Liverpool refused to sell Emre Can.
13.30 BST: Newcastle hope to complete a £5m move for Stoke striker Joselu today after making significant progress, according to Press Association Sport.
13.14 BST: Sky Sport Italia says Inter Milan want Manchester City defender Eliaquim Mangala, although they could be tempted by his teammate Jason Denayer instead. Inter, as mentioned a little earlier, look set to lose Jeison Murillo to Valencia so need a new centre-back.
13.00 BST: Mundo Deportivo says Barcelona have decided to loan Sergi Samper out. The 22-year-old midfielder apparently asked the club to leave for free but the club said no.
12.38 BST: DONE DEAL Former Manchester United defender Wes Brown is joining Indian Super League club Kerala Blasters. Story here.
12.32 BST: Roberto Firmino says it would be "awful" for his Liverpool teammate and close friend Philippe Coutinho to leave Anfield. Story here.
12.20 BST: Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo is set to join Fulham on loan, according to Liverpool Echo reporter James Pearce. He had looked set for a move to Middlesbrough.
12.01 BST: Tottenham Hotspur have had a new bid for Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon rejected, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC. Story here.
11.42 BST: Super Deporte says Valencia are hoping to sign Inter Milan duo Jeison Murillo and Geoffrey Kondogbia this week.
11.30 BST: Sky Italia reckons Riyad Mahrez's agent is urging Roma to improve their bid for the Leicester winger to £40m.
11.17 BST: Monaco winger Gil Dias is undergoing a medical at Fiorentina.
11.12 BST: Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby is a free agent after failing to recover his fitness during a two-year spell at Marseille, but he's still hoping to secure another club.
"It's true I've thought about it [retirement], but for the moment I want to try and get fit again, work and try to come back," he said. "If it works, I'll be very happy."
10.59 BST: Shanghai Shenhua have granted Carlos Tevez permission to return to Argentina for treatment on a calf injury after receiving a written guarantee he will return before the end of the month, according to the South China Morning Post. He's being pretty strongly linked with (another) return to Boca Juniors. Story here.
10.42 BST: Sky Sports News says Gareth Barry is currently undergoing his West Brom medical.
10.38 BST: Tuttomercatoweb says Fiorentina are currently exchanging paperwork and contracts over the signing of Giovanni Simeone from Genoa. Diego's son is set to sign on Thursday apparently as Fiorentina prepare to land a replacement for Nikola Kalinic, who is moving closer to joining AC Milan.
10.20 BST: Sky Sports and AS journalist Guillem Balague says talk Liverpool are wavering over Philippe Coutinho is nonsense, writing: "No meetings planned with FCB, no price has been put on Coutinho, right now LFC do not want to sell."
1. On Coutinho. No matter what the Catalan press say (48 hours, Liverpool has put a price on him, meetings soon), LFC insist: NOT FOR SALE! pic.twitter.com/iedQzWjtr1— Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague) August 15, 2017
10.16 BST: Premier League clubs are to vote on ending the summer transfer window before the season starts. But is it a good decision?
10.07 BST: Tottenham Hotspur -- seeking a replacement for Kyle Walker -- are leading the chase for Paris Saint-Germain right-back Serge Aurier, L'Equipe reports. Chelsea, Inter Milan and Juventus are also closely monitoring the Ivory Coast right-back's situation. His lack of a French passport means administrative issues could delay any deal, estimated at €25m.
09.52 BST: Diario Sport reckons Barcelona are getting very close to agreeing a €100m deal with Dortmund for Ousmane Dembele.
09.39 BST: In potentially better news for Chelsea, the Mirror reckons they're ready to invest £120m on three familiar names. In addition to a £35m bid for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, mentioned below, they also hope to land Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk and Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater.
09.26 BST: According to The Times, Chelsea and Antonio Conte are in "a stand-off" over transfer targets, with the club prioritising re-sale value and therefore not keen to sanction deals for Swansea striker Fernando Llorente or Inter duo Antonio Candreva and Ivan Perisic.
09.13 BST: Diario Sport says Barcelona midfielder Sergi Roberto -- reported to be a target for Chelsea and Manchester United -- is "reaching the end of his patience" at the Camp Nou after the Catalan club signed Paulinho. The report says he's very keen on a move to the Premier League. Sources told ESPN FC last week that Barcelona were relaxed about Roberto's situation despite his contract containing a €40m buyout clause.
08.58 BST: The Mirror reports that Gareth Barry will complete a move from Everton to West Brom today. The 36-year-old midfielder is apparently keen to remain a first-team regular so will head to The Hawthorns.
08.50 BST: Jurgen Klopp admits Emre Can entering the final 12 months of his Liverpool contract is "not perfect." Story here.
08.29 BST: Liverpool have apparently moved on from Naby Keita, with The Guardian reporting that they have registered an interest in the sought-after Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri.
08.09 BST: "El Larguero" says Atletico Madrid are in no rush to seal the signing of Chelsea's Diego Costa given that they cannot register him until January due to their transfer ban. The report said Atletico have offered €38m, while Chelsea are holding out for €65m.
07.48 BST: Deportivo La Coruna president Tino Fernandez will travel to London to meet Arsenal executives in a last attempt to lure Lucas Perez back to the La Liga club, according to La Opinion de Galicia.
Costa must meet demands to stay with Blues
Could Diego Costa end up staying at Chelsea? The Guardian says it's possible -- but only if he meets four key demands.
Costa has accused Chelsea of treating him "like a criminal" over his wish to leave, but the Guardian reports that there is still a way for him to have a future with the Premier League champions.
It says Chelsea want him to return to the club, report for training, get match fit and "put himself into contention for first-team selection."
Costa "is believed to have been absent without leave since the squad flew to China for a preseason tour in July."
Meanwhile, the London Evening Standard reports that Chelsea are "growing increasingly confident" that a deal to sign Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be done.
It says the Blues will pay around £35m for Oxlade-Chamberlain, who has entered the final year of his Arsenal contract.
Toon's Benitez wants to add quintet
It hasn't been the easiest transfer window for Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez, but the Telegraph reports that he still harbours hopes of bringing in five new faces.
The Magpies are close to concluding a £5m move for Stoke forward Joselu, with Chelsea's Kenedy also potentially on his way on a loan basis after constructive talks.
There's more: Newcastle "are also assessing a move for Legia Warsaw's Poland international centre-half Michal Pazdan," a reported target for Crystal Palace and West Brom, while left-back, striker and goalkeeper have been identified by Benitez as areas requiring reinforcement.
And if all that comes to fruition it would ease the worries of the Newcastle manager, who the Telegraph says is "known to be unhappy about the club's lack of progress in the transfer market."
- Everything in the Burnley garden is rosy after Saturday's stunning win at Stamford Bridge -- and the Mail reports that it could be about to become even rosier.
The Clarets had an initial £12m bid for prolific Leeds United striker Chris Wood turned down but are poised to return with a £20m offer as boss Sean Dyche looks to "push through a deal for the New Zealand international."
- Udinese goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis is heading for the Premier League and will end up at either Watford, Crystal Palace or Newcastle, his agent has said.
The Hertfordshire Mercury notes that Karnezis "has been linked with Watford numerous times over the past few months" since a possible move to Napoli fell through.
- Manchester City's sister club Melbourne City are reportedly on the verge of two major signings.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.