Liverpool not put off by RB Leipzig's £70m valuation of Naby Keita
The football world is awash with gossip! Transfer Talk is monitoring the whispers ahead of all the summer moves. Check out the latest deals and potential deals here.
Liverpool not put off by Keita's price tag
Liverpool are not put off by Naby Keita's £70 million valuation and are willing to break their transfer record in order to land the RB Leipzig midfielder, the Mirror reports.
The 22-year-old Guinea international caught the eye with eight goals and seven assists as Leipzig stormed to second place in the Bundesliga last term.
Liverpool have already spent big this summer to land Mohamed Salah from Roma, but Jurgen Klopp is said to have identified Keita as his No. 1 target, and the club will back him.
Meanwhile, Andy Robertson could be lined up to replace James Milner at left-back as long as Liverpool meet Hull's £10m asking price for the Scotland international.
Morata-to-United deal 'has been done'
Alvaro Morata has told friends he will join Manchester United and that the Real Madrid forward's deal to leave the Bernabeu "has been done," according to the Express.
The report states that Morata left his honeymoon early to hold showdown talks with Madrid president Florentino Perez, which has seen the Liga champions back off their £70m valuation and should lead to an agreement close to the £60m United have offered for the 24-year-old.
Barca turn attention to Herrera, Mahrez
Sport reckons that Barcelona will attempt to compensate for their failure to land Marco Verratti from Paris Saint-Germain by moving for Premier League duo Ander Herrera and Riyad Mahrez.
Italy international midfielder Verratti has made his intentions of moving to Barca clear, and the Catalan club still retain hope of landing him, but Paris Saint-Germain are unwilling to let one of their star performers go without a fight.
Should that continue, then new Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde would like to link up with €40m-rated Manchester United midfielder Herrera, a player he managed at Athletic Bilbao, and Leicester winger Mahrez, who is valued at €35m, and is also wanted by Arsenal.
Bakayoko undergoes Chelsea medical
Tiemoue Bakayoko has had a medical with Chelsea ahead of his move from Monaco, according to the Mirror, and his arrival would free up Nemanja Matic to sign for Manchester United.
It is reported that Bakayoko, a 22-year-old midfielder set to line up alongside N'Golo Kante, could be unveiled as a Chelsea player as early as Saturday morning when the club launch their new kit.
However, the Daily Mail adds that Antonio Conte will not let Matic depart until he brings in another midfielder. Their report also says a number of players could leave Chelsea to offset the expected big-money arrivals of Alex Sandro and Romelu Lukaku, with Diego Costa, Kurt Zouma, Nathaniel Chalobah and Michy Batshuayi among the names mentioned.
- Barcelona have spoken to Thomas Lemar's agent about a move to La Liga, but, like Arsenal earlier in the week, they were told that Monaco are not interested in selling. Barca have been tracking the winger for a while, according to L'Equipe, while Chelsea and Manchester City have also registered interest.
- Manchester United's hopes of striking a deal for Ivan Perisic look unlikely after Inter Milan met financial fair-play regulations, meaning they are under no obligation to sell, the Telegraph writes. It is also reported that the Serie A side are unhappy about United's unwillingness to meet their £44m valuation of the Croatia international.
- Tottenham have opened talks with Manchester City over the transfer of Kyle Walker but continue to hold out for £50m, the Mirror claims. Spurs right-back Walker is a known target for Pep Guardiola, who wants to strengthen his options at full-back, but that price may prove rich even for big-spending City's tastes.
- Los Angeles FC remains hopeful of signing Wesley Sneijder despite reported interest in his services from Sampdoria, sources told ESPN FC.
- Everton, Tottenham and West Ham are keeping a close eye on Burnley's contract talks with Andre Gray and considering a £10m offer to test the Clarets' resolve. The Daily Mail writes that the striker, who has one year left on his current deal, wants to up his wage from £25,000 a week to £70,000 a week.
- Sport claims that Bayern Munich will not sign Barcelona right-back Mateu Morey, despite reports to the contrary. The right-back is highly thought of at La Masia and looked to be following similarly promising youngsters Jordi Mboula and Eric Garcia out of the club, but Bayern have now scrapped any plans they had to pursue him.